Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok how much exquisite headspace do i have to fill w new york times ?

warmer or colder
smilin real hard

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Banned

real disappointed in my boys. like they didn't even read the latest arc.

*throws rock*
Old 01-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Two-Edge (Pokesan)

Two-Edge is the half-troll, half-elf son of Winnowill and a troll, named Smelt. He is an ingenious mastersmith and inventor, teacher to the trolls, and Grohmul Djun's "Master Builder" during the "Shards" series. Immortal, he has already lived for many thousands of years. Like Timmorn, Two-Edge is unique on the World of Two Moons. A half-elf, half-troll hybrid abused as a child by his mother, Winnowill, Two-Edge was devastated when she killed his father, Smelt. Driven to madness, Two-Edge's desperate love/hate relationship with his mother has caused him to be torn between helping and hindering the Wolfriders on many occasions. Nothing gets in the way of Two-Edge and his grand schemes: he will lure, deceive, prod, and even kidnap to force his hapless pawns to play their parts "right." Two-Edge is a legendary metalsmith among the trolls, unsurpassed at invention and weaponry.

-From the Elfquest series by the Richard and Wendy Pini. Pokesan is Two-Edge. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Man I haven't read that series since I was a kid. Bonus points for the reference Lhancelot (even if I don't actually remember Two-Edge; was he introduced late in the series?)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Large Rat

that half troll guy looks like he's really into diddling kids or something. all you have to do is change the chinstrap to a mustache and the look would be complete
Old 01-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man I haven't read that series since I was a kid. Bonus points for the reference Lhancelot (even if I don't actually remember Two-Edge; was he introduced late in the series?)
That series was epic imo. Lots of really neat characters and I find the art done by Richard Pini to be excellent.

I recall Two-Edge later but cannot remember exactly when.

You know, I have not read the comics for so many years. I just remember or I thought I remembered Two-Edge talking in half-riddles and stuff.

Somehow, when I read Pokesan's posts sometimes I am befuddled just like what I think I thought when I used to read two-Edge's words in the comics. I might even be mistaken rofl, maybe a different character?

Anyway, the half-troll fits Pokesan well enough to make the comparison complete in my eyes. I have fond memories of Two-Edge, don't get me wrong. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe Wendy did the art work, seeing her name on that pic. I thought Richard did it, but perhaps he did the writing and she did the art work. I thought it was vice-versa.

Anyway, it's a shame they did not get more publicity for their art and stories I think it was highly underrated.

I should check them out now in fact. Wondering if I'd find it as engaging and fun to read as I did when I was younger.

I remember reading the comics, and how some scenes were rather adult with sex etc. My dad just thought they were innocent elf comics lol.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember reading the comics, and how some scenes were rather adult with sex etc. My dad just thought they were innocent elf comics lol.
Heh same here, except I actually got the books from the public library [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, it's a shame they did not get more publicity for their art and stories I think it was highly underrated.
Well on the plus side we live in an age when TV execs are looking under every rock for "the next GoT". I never thought I'd see a Sword of Shanara series, an American Gods series, or a (rumored) Hyperion series, but they all exist or are being worked on.

So maybe we'll see an ElfQuest series someday /em crosses fingers

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gotta speak with the serpent to beat the serpent

hi
Old 01-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Banned

pokesan please destroy kittens from within
Closed Thread