Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-18-2018, 02:50 PM
Aviak

Does anyone know how one would go about having their software put on the p99 wiki?
Old 02-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know how one would go about having their software put on the p99 wiki?
Just register an account on the wiki and add it, being careful not to to damage anything else. I can add it for you in the meantime...
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical#nParse

Not too many people venture into the wiki in search of this stuff but you might get a few hits. Keep up the good work, I hope you continue improving this!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just register an account on the wiki and add it, being careful not to to damage anything else. I can add it for you in the meantime...
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical#nParse

Not too many people venture into the wiki in search of this stuff but you might get a few hits. Keep up the good work, I hope you continue improving this!
Thank you so much!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Can it automatically load the map of zone you are in when you /who the zone?
Old 02-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakizt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can it automatically load the map of zone you are in when you /who the zone?
As apposed to right clicking the map and manually choosing a map to load?

edit: You should auto load the map when switching characters since it will 'zone' you in when you login. If you start the program before you run EQ, it should zone whatever zone you log into. This should work when you switch characters as well. If you start nParse after you have logged in, it will just auto load whatever zone you were in the last time you were playing. I am going to tie last zone to the log file names within the next couple of releases.

I think maybe now I am a little confused as to why you need this? Is it just apposed to loading a map manually?
Last edited by Mirox; 02-20-2018 at 04:25 PM..
Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

any ideas on how to increase the font size so it's readable on a 4k display?
Old 02-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any ideas on how to increase the font size so it's readable on a 4k display?
Apparently Qt does not do DPI scaling by default? It looks like I can turn this on and it should work for your 2160p if you scale using your os (the person tested on windows).

I don't have 2160p, but I do have 1080p and the ability to do dpi scaling. I can test it out on my system, and if it works, I can release it. Currently redoing map engine to allow for layers in the maps and if I have the next release out this Sunday, I will 100% try to include DPI scaling awareness turned on.

Qt css doesn't allow VH -- px measurement only. But if the dpi awareness doesn't work, I can output dynamic px measurements based on your screen height.

In the meantime since I haven't tested this yet, you could open up a command line, set the environmental variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1

Code:
setx QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR 1
nparse
That may fix it in the mean time, but it may need the sister code for that within the program.
Last edited by Mirox; 02-20-2018 at 06:59 PM..
Old 02-20-2018, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently Qt does not do DPI scaling by default? It looks like I can turn this on and it should work for your 2160p if you scale using your os (the person tested on windows).

I don't have 2160p, but I do have 1080p and the ability to do dpi scaling. I can test it out on my system, and if it works, I can release it. Currently redoing map engine to allow for layers in the maps and if I have the next release out this Sunday, I will 100% try to include DPI scaling awareness turned on.

Qt css doesn't allow VH -- px measurement only. But if the dpi awareness doesn't work, I can output dynamic px measurements based on your screen height.

In the meantime since I haven't tested this yet, you could open up a command line, set the environmental variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1

Code:
setx QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR 1
nparse
That may fix it in the mean time, but it may need the sister code for that within the program.
awesome thanks man! I'll try to mess around with your suggestion but I doubt my abilities to do anything too crazy on the backend myself lol...
Old 02-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
awesome thanks man! I'll try to mess around with your suggestion but I doubt my abilities to do anything too crazy on the backend myself lol...
Hah. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Well, the sister code I will take care of and I can set the environmental variable within the program, so the release won't have you doing anything with the prompt.

It was more a patch that most likely won't work, but I saw someone mentioning on a thread I was reading about 4k + pyqt5. They said it worked, others said it didn't.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:48 AM
Large Rat

Hey, I was thinking of doing a live DPS parser and smack it into your program, but I have no skills with Qt5, so I would need some help on the UI side, or maybe how you got started with it.. I look at this more as a fun side project than something serious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm looking at in memory time series databases for python to see what would be feasible and how long fights would be reasonable in memory. Otherwise I might succumb to a disk based version..

I'm thinking it should look similar to what you see in WoW nowadays:

http://i.imgur.com/sN5k66l.png