Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Kobold

Default PUG 57-60 - Sebilis?

Hello all,

Wanted to see whether people had any suggestions on good PUG locations from 57-60 for a warrior.

I've levelled my troll pretty solidly on the traditional P99 path of HHK, Mistmoore, City of Mist, and now Karnor's without trouble; I can generally either find or create a group in high traffic areas.

Can I start PUGing in Sebilis at 57? Is there another area that's consistently high traffic for exp and loot around then as a tank?

Recently got my Seb key and dinged 56, so starting to think about new areas with better loot and / or exp. I really gravitate towards PUG content - I'd rather log on and make a group out of what's available for an hour or two then rely on guildies.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Seb is a great spot IF you can find a group. The problem is in finding that group. I’m ashamed to say I still spent a lot of time in KC during my high 50s as I could solo there while lfg and finding a group was sufficiently easier that it was almost always better than the gamble of running to Seb and being lfg for hours.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Banned

Yeah I found it hard to regularly get a Seb group on my warrior. I ended up leading many, many groups into Howling Stones. It's a lot less contested and the exp is good.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Kobold

Good advice for sure and somewhat what I expected. Agreed Toxx, it just seems so easy to put together or replace someone in a hands or basement group in the high 50's that I have gravitated towards simply doing that.

I'll probably give Seb a go on an early Saturday when the day's groups haven't formed yet and see how it goes. Otherwise I will try to set up Howling Stones (which I've been interested in for a while) or stay in KC
Old 03-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Orc

I see a lot of people just logging out warriors in CE for this reason. At 57 I would be looking to do small groups in SolB around freeti area or HS. If you can get a good group together try heading to SG. It's supposed to be good for group grinding now.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Kobold

I get the impression CE is the easiest one to drop in and out of
. is that right?

Would love to do SG due to having a shot at a Spiked Seahorse Belt but seems like a place I'd need to organize the group beforehand, or is that wrong?
Old 03-20-2018, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

People park at CE camp in Seb not because its easy to drop in/out of but because its difficult to get down there in the first place. If someone needs a tank down there and you can log right in and get there instantly you'll get a spot in the group. Usually its a whole production to "find a rep" at CE because its inaccessible. These days there's always a Crypt group going but the issue is is that its always full with 6 people (nubs) and the XP isn't the best. Also, often times there will be an odd named down there camped by a shaman so that mob's drops won't be available to the group (Hiero Cloak is one)

Somebody suggested going to Howling Stones earlier with a preformed group and that is an excellent idea, however I must say that it is no longer as deserted as it once was. The influx of server nubs got hip to HS and many nights a week the zone is packed and camped. Theres also the issue with keys so make sure someone has some corpsed keys to the good wings. In high 50s North will be bad XP and West will be decent but not as great as in mid-50s. South is great XP but the nameds could likely be camped.

You will definitely need a preformed group to go to SG. Fortunately its not a long run from the port at all. You also have to make sure your casters know what they're doing because the caster mobs (and all mobs) in SG are very rude and melee classes can't do a damn thing about it besides pucker their assholes and hope that the magic users can CC mobs and keep you healed =)

Another great idea is getting a group together and crawling Chardok. Its not a far run from the Skyfire port and if you just crawl your XP bar will move nicely. Nobody else will be there either, just zone in and start killing mobs. You also have a chance at decent drops everywhere in the zone.

<The A-Team>
Old 03-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Banned

yeah efreeti is still good exp if you have a duo.

You can duo this camp with a cleric, bard, or even shaman (though it's hard if the sham isn't 60 with torpor).

Bard was my favorite duo partner for it.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really have anything new to offer but here's my thoughts:

@spyder73 your comment about pugs and reps is so true and it annoys me to no end. I hate to sound like a huge neckbeard but ffs if you only have 45 minutes to play on average then do NOT offer to tank / heal / pull / necessary group function in any group. Period. Because generally a group looking to form is Gunna be prodding people to come fill roles and once there's a tank / cleric / pulls / necessary group function , you are glue holding it together. I also hate when people are not considerate of the tempo of a camp, if that makes sense ? Like king , people camp it for days because you only kill a couple mobs every 30 minutes. So if you only have an hour to play and your monk / clr / sham then you're only going to screw your group over.

Kinda ranty and kinda neck beardy but just saying

@OP I agree with most of what everyone said. I'd strongly encourage you to do HS groups though but keep it small and simple. At 57-59 you have no business in a group of more than 3 or 4, xp is a rare commodity at those levels and a group of 6 will not increase your efficiency enough to compromise getting way less xp per kill. War clr ench/nec is a great trio that will have you speeding thru your xp bar. You want yourself (warrior) in group so you can get xp ( duh ), you want the cleric for best healing efficiency (charm pets and you will be taking HT's constantly and a torp shaman won't want to join this group unless he's your bff) and the ench / nec for mana efficiency and the dps of a charm pet (better than rogue dps without sucking xp up). Try to keep this group meeting on a regular basis and you'll be 60 in no time. This is the exact method I used on my warrior.

If the above group isn't happening then I would say stick it out in seb and maybe prod people for interest in Chardok but I wouldn't recommend doing KC anymore at all. You're almost guaranteed to have a full 6 person group and the xp will be stupid slow. At least when this group happens in seb the xp will be not quite as bad.

Pro tip ! If the entrance hall to seb is clear, take this golden opportunity to move to NG, you're in a MUCH better spot for rapping any group in seb at this spot. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE , check your surroundings for level 60 enchanters and shamans farming NG, if you find a unicorn like this you should inquire about joining the group while forfeiting gem drops. I rarely farm NG but when I do , I always offer lone lfg people to sit in group and afk even. You may be thinking "but forfeiting gems sucks!"
Well the catch here is
1. You're about to get afk / free xp.
2. If I'm doing 99 or 100% of the work, I'm not sharing the haul sorry not sorry.

And really .. the above strategy applies to many camps. If you can't find a group, then sitting in with a plat farming group and (obviously) passing on all loot / gems / glory, you can basically PL for free if you find some generous people. Just don't cause them to wipe and listen to their commands.

This is my 2 cents and my anecdotal suggestions

Thanks for reading , hope it helps
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

People knock on KC, and it’s a major shit show with all the drama, but there’s almost no exp like finding a duo partner, which is easy to do, and then duoing captain, which is almost always open. Efreeti as a duo is just about the only place better. Full grouping anywhere is just the slowest path to 60 imo
Closed Thread