Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Planes of Power was really the peak of gameplay, even if the community was fractured at that point.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Before i answer, i just want to say how much i LOVED when SoL came out and the bazaar didn't work but everyone went there to sell anyway because..THE ARENA IN THE BACK. That was the shining moment of PvP in EQ imo, there were always people in there fucking around, especially after raids and people were all buffed up lol.

I was a warrior tank on live but i did get to play a lot of friends chars too and when i started on P99 in 2009 i mained a mage for almost zero reason but i'm really glad i did. I think mages had an amazing time in classic, and then kind of held dormant till PoP. The elemental charm was just so much fun in BoT.

As far as warrior goes, i really just enjoyed tanking and taking on the MT role in a group. But PoP was prob my fav with a warrior because with AAs we finally could do more than pray for a wep proc and hit taunt and waste money on clicks. I also just really enjoyed that entire xpac from the content to the lore, and even tho people hate on PoK and PoTranq, i do think there was something neat about being closer to people again. I think a lot of people forget how much people were bitching about how big the world is and how you sometimes never saw people. During classic you felt people were everywhere, for me PoP kind of brought that back, but don't think the method (PoK book travel) was the best way to go about the result and ended up not being the boon it felt like at first.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

Warrior 45-50 is pretty brutal. Everyone is getting better and the warrior is only getting worse. At 50 warriors get the first set of real proc weapons. It only gets better from there with disciplines etc.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Wizard level 28 before snare.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Bard: Most fun when soloing or grouping
Bard: More fun outdoors, less fun indoors, because built in "run faster than everyone else" escape plan does not work.
Bard: More fun charming, because the charm lasts for seconds and tactics need switched often.
Bard: Fear kiting--less fun when using weapons, more fun when using chants, because it's les hit box dependent, but fun when defeating the Mino Lord or Quillmane when they are red.
Bard: AoE kiting? I don't do it, but it seems not fun, like many minutes running in circles, not trying to mess up.
Bard: Least fun when raiding, standing behind the wall so I don't get agro, not seeing anything, twisting mana, mana, mana, and seeing nothing drop I want, but congratulating everyone else on their drops because it's polite to do so.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:31 AM
Sarnak

I played Enchanter from Kunark to Planes of Power, very tiny bit into dungeons of norrath.

Worst time to play an Enchanter, apparently, is right fucking now pre-Kunark like how it is on Green and Teal. No breeze and clarity is some hot booty butt cheeks garbage. And they aren't bringing Kunark in for almost an entire year so UGH. Might just have to take a break until then.

Kunark to Planes of Power was all good.
Closed Thread