Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol
Old 12-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be quiet
they've tried to silence me for a long time

good luck
Old 12-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Large Rat

I just came across this thread and read first 20 pages or so. I was surprised nobody mentioned the broken channeling skill on P99 (and on live for that matter). Back then it was very difficult to channel any spell when mob was hitting you and pretty much impossible to channel anything if you were hit by multiple mobs or a hasted one. It was not enchanter specific, but it affected enchanters most because of our CC role and huge agro on Tash and nukes with stun component. Channeling got bugged some time in late Luclin. People were scoffing at a post where somebody said that tank has to intercept/taunt mobs on charm break, but it was indeed the best way to handle this situation. And that is the main reason you did not see enchanters solo charming in dungeons till PoP.
If anyone was following EQ forums you could remember that Prathun(?) found about the bug and fixed it years after if was broken (around 2006), but it was unnerfed couple days later due to caster's backslash. I can not find old EQ forums anywhere, but here is the evidence of EQ developers attempting to fix channeling bug:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2006-1.html

---------------------
- We've reverted the fix to channeling made with the last patch. After much discussion, our general feeling is that channeling has been broken for long enough that players have come to rely on that broken behavior as expected gameplay. For the time being, we've reverted back to that broken behavior and will address spell interrupts in general at a later date.
---------------------
Old 12-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Large Rat

It was Rashere and here is a link to one of his posts: https://web.archive.org/web/20061207...sage.id=239994

----------------------
I posted this in another thread, but will mention it here as well.

We fixed a problem with channeling that was causing it to basically be backwards. If you had no AAs, you channeled through damage 100% of the time and as you got AAs, that decreased. It now scales like it should, and like how it worked in the past, where you start out low, channel more often as you gain channeling skill, and your AAs increase that even further. You're going to see more interrupts than before simply because you are no longer channeling 100% of the time (or close to that if you had AAs that were decreasing it). Your chance to channel is still really high at high levels (it caps at 90%), though, assuming you have maxed channeling skill.

One caveat to this...channeling doesn't apply to being bashed, stunned, or moving. Even with a high channeling skill, if you get bashed, stunned, or moved too far, you're going to lose your spell. That hasn't changed.

Rashere
----------------------

"Broken" state looks exactly like what we got on P99 - you channel through hits all the time unless you get bashed/kicked.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Someone did mention channeling just like this but it basically got buried in all the more hotheaded arguments. You should submit that as evidence, not sure if its enough but would be pretty lulzy to see an across the board channeling nerf.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone did mention channeling just like this but it basically got buried in all the more hotheaded arguments. You should submit that as evidence, not sure if its enough but would be pretty lulzy to see an across the board channeling nerf.
That would honestly be hilarious. People started out by bitching about enchanters and it results in every magic using class getting nerfed in a significant way. I would love this.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would honestly be hilarious. People started out by bitching about enchanters and it results in every magic using class getting nerfed in a significant way. I would love this.
That would be one way to boost the melee player numbers on green/teal, haha
Old 12-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
So, why not charm? Simple. You cannot charm 95% of mobs in any of the planes as Allure is capped, and it is totally random in duration. If Enchanters are going to be told to rely on charm then Allure has to be upgraded to be castable on all NPC's (bar Dragons and Gods) and set durations have to be implemented.

{Editors note: Ok this is where I must disagree myself I use the charm series on a regular basis to replace my pet. I feel they are much more usefull than our pets for many reasons.
1. They require no regeant, thats right no more tiny daggers.
2. They obey commands (CHEER, my favorite part).
3. It reduces the number of incoming MOBs by one for crowd control.
4. get the caster, be it blaster or healer have its mana working for you and not against you.
As for the amount of creatures that are uncharmable I guess I haven't reached that point yet but if it is so maybe a boost to our high level spells would be in order after all this is one of our primary class roles.
But a few downfalls I have noticed also
1. your charmed pet will have a tendency, in Lower Guk especially, to warp if not in battle then return to you uncharmed with a large deadly train.
2. because many are not used to us charming things they tend to waste alot of mana on a MOB not bothering to notice it is doing no damage, this verant could fix with a simple warning line that you have targeted a charmed creature or as the spell goes off a line saying the Gods protect your target in the yellow warning color.}

If Enchanters are going to be reduced to Charm, Clarity, Mez and Stuns then they need some upgrades:

The cap on Allure upped, and random times removed.
Better clarity for grouping.
Unresistable/near unresistable mez spells.
Longer duration, less resisted AE stuns.
If it is not Verant's intent to reduce Enchanters to this role then they need to be givien some kind of combat upgrade. Possibilities include:

Stronger pets with commands.
More efficient and group friendly DD and DoT spells.
Enhancements to their slow and stat debuff spells to make them the leaders in this area.
I am not saying Enchanters are useless, but they are being forced into a role which they are becoming very quickly ill-equipped to handle in High Level zones.

On top of this are the little things for Enchanters:
Berserker Spirit being nerfed silently last patch losing 20% of its protective skin.
Still no full implementation of Item Enchantment after being told it would be included in March of 1999.
Mana Sieve & Curse of the Mind are for all intents useless on NPC's.
{Editors note: I was thinking on this one last night what if Mana Sieve where to give us a small ratio of the mana taken from the mob? Say 1:10 or so since we are not really great blasters and our mainstay is to debuff and charm this would have little chance of having an abusive application. I understand this may not fit so well into our perceived class type being a leach like spell but I never saw the original spell as much of an Illusionists trick either, unless you think of it like we are using the MoBs own thoughts against him.}
The Lull Series has a resist level so high it is a suicide spell on anything white or above.
Illusions now being for all intents purely for fun with the removal of the Enchanter scouting abilities. The bonuses on the illusions aren't really of any major benefit.
WTYH and DDD. These spells offer nothing a cheaper mana AE stun can't provide. And the AE stuns are resisted much less, and last much longer. They were meant to be fixed months ago...
{Editors note: not to mention the lack of item degradation that is harming our economic side.}
I point all of this out to show that there are class balance issues everywhere. Enchanter's are just one class which is need of retuning. Rogues, SK's, Paladins, Necromancers are all below what they should be at this moment as a result of recent patching and the game evolution. All we can do as players is keep the issues in Verant's face until something is done.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010425...m/volume7.html
Old 12-04-2019, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

charm worked prety damm well in first expansion, kunark, but on velious it was high risk due to mobs higher resists.tash sticks being so common back then had a good reason .

the golden age of charming shit was luclin with pre nerf dire charm+magician new pet toys
Closed Thread