Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Glad to be back

I played way way back until luclin at which point I stopped playing. My favorite era by far was of course Kunark and Velious. Even when I played Luclin for the brief period of time I used the old character models. It frustrated me that the new ones changed the models to such a degree they didn't resemble those races anymore. That being said, I came to learn about project 99 very late but fortunately I learned that they just announced two servers. I joined EQ back when the current expansion was Kunark. Now being able to play before Kunark was live is quite the experience.

I've already made a few friends on the teal server in the not even full day I've been here and had a few chit chats with some people. It feels like home again and I plan to remain for the long haul.

Back in the day I used to play Rallos and Talon Zek (playing pve this time and strictly so) I do have a question. Does anyone remember Army of Grobb? Is anyone from the Army still around?
Old 12-06-2019, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Hi Friend! welcome to P99!

If you want to look or advertise for old friends from EQ Live the wiki has a small section of players that have decided to make their old server character information available!

Check this link

https://wiki.project1999.com/Player_List

It is awesome to see new people here! The forums need more new people willing to talk of new stuff and not the same old cycle of things haha.

Hope you find a comfortable home in Teal![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also the wiki is a wonderful source of information for all things related to the game in its current state as many other eq sites focus on the live version and the myriad changes that have happened over the years whereas we are locked to Velious.

If you have any question feel free to ask! If not me any other players around willing to lend a hand!

Hope you have a wonderful day and playing session!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-06-2019, 06:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Friend! welcome to P99!

If you want to look or advertise for old friends from EQ Live the wiki has a small section of players that have decided to make their old server character information available!

Check this link

https://wiki.project1999.com/Player_List

It is awesome to see new people here! The forums need more new people willing to talk of new stuff and not the same old cycle of things haha.

Hope you find a comfortable home in Teal![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also the wiki is a wonderful source of information for all things related to the game in its current state as many other eq sites focus on the live version and the myriad changes that have happened over the years whereas we are locked to Velious.

If you have any question feel free to ask! If not me any other players around willing to lend a hand!

Hope you have a wonderful day and playing session!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! As mentioned good to be back and yeah I know others interested in getting involved too. So far Teal is most definitely a comfortable home and thanks for the offer! (Will check out the player link.) And so far people have been very friendly when it comes to questions.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyltran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the day I used to play Rallos and Talon Zek (playing pve this time and strictly so) I do have a question. Does anyone remember Army of Grobb? Is anyone from the Army still around?
I was a member of the Army of Grobb on Tallon Zek under the name Krindok. I distinctively remember roughly forty of us gathering in the swamp to march to Oasis for bloodshed. We headed straight to the docks and showed no mercy. Tallon Zek was racial PvP and so much fun.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

GROBB! GROBB! GROBB!
Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvredskinsfan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a member of the Army of Grobb on Tallon Zek under the name Krindok. I distinctively remember roughly forty of us gathering in the swamp to march to Oasis for bloodshed. We headed straight to the docks and showed no mercy. Tallon Zek was racial PvP and so much fun.
Haha yeah. The army was amazing. I was Zarafu and joined after the armies heyday but still got to participate in the awesomeness. My brother was the one who got me in and his screen name was Zrakin. He is returning as well. Grobb Grobb Grob Long lib da mighty army o' grobb! Good to see a fellow Army in game. So what server are you on? Blue green teal or red? I have resurrected Zarafu from the grave on Teal. Shaman is just as fun as I remember.
Closed Thread