Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Default [Green] What should a mage spend plat on?

I have about 3k banked, level 35 currently. Have an fbr, obsidian hoops, sac dagger, Stein of moggok, Thex dagger, kobold hide boots, the cloak from the frog ritualist in guk, some low int rings, 10hp10mana bracers, nothing on my face slot, and raw silk in the rest of my slots.

What would make the most difference for me to try and get next? I was saving for more research words but patches are coming to put some pet spells back on vendors.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Kobold

multiple root nets , WC cap cover 2 of mages flaws
Old 11-28-2019, 04:22 AM
Kobold

How u make so much? I'm lvl 30 with 600 plat total
Old 11-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Root nets, WC cap, mallet, sow pots. These will give you a significant edge in camp solo ability and safety.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How u make so much? I'm lvl 30 with 600 plat total
Not OP but starting at level 20 I went to Sol A. Make all the WR bags you can and kill goblins. Some drop fine steel weapons, some drop ore, most drop nothing more than a bit of coin. Goblins are good plat. It's dangerous until you figure everything out; even then it's dicey. However once you get the hang of the zone it's a lot of fun.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Kill guard Chopin in Highkeep from 24-35 and you will have 3-5k easy plus out level your friends
Old 11-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have about 3k banked, level 35 currently. Have an fbr, obsidian hoops, sac dagger, Stein of moggok, Thex dagger, kobold hide boots, the cloak from the frog ritualist in guk, some low int rings, 10hp10mana bracers, nothing on my face slot, and raw silk in the rest of my slots.

What would make the most difference for me to try and get next? I was saving for more research words but patches are coming to put some pet spells back on vendors.
Not all pets will be available on vendors at each rank and nobody knows when the patch is going to go live. You need to grind Research to get max-level water pet anyway, so you might as well grind it out now. That should be your first priority. A Mage can level naked, but playing without water pet (your best all-around pet) is going end up gimping you pretty hard.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:24 PM
Kobold

+int gear to twink out your necro
Old 12-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly you're better off camping most of your gear at this point and saving your cash for later. My mage is 35 as well and your gear is similar to mine. The only item I bought was a Shimmering Orb (besides some JC stuff) because I skipped Uguk for that range and it isn't easily solo camped atm with the group situations.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-01-2020, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not OP but starting at level 20 I went to Sol A. Make all the WR bags you can and kill goblins. Some drop fine steel weapons, some drop ore, most drop nothing more than a bit of coin. Goblins are good plat. It's dangerous until you figure everything out; even then it's dicey. However once you get the hang of the zone it's a lot of fun.
Majority of my EQ life I've main'd magicians, I haven't played in a long time but if I remember correctly you want to kill the elf sisters in OoT at 24 I think it is, you'll make a few thousand PP from 24-29 easily. They drop 2x steel weapons that sell for 11pp each
Closed Thread