Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default camping mobs and "lists" (not /list)

If someone is camping a single spawn in a dungeon and I am sitting behind him, waiting for his rare pop so I can take the camp next. Does somebody that this guy knows that was "on the list" allowed to come in and swoop my spot in line? Even if I've been here hours waiting my turn? This is not a /list mob.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone is camping a single spawn in a dungeon and I am sitting behind him, waiting for his rare pop so I can take the camp next. Does somebody that this guy knows that was "on the list" allowed to come in and swoop my spot in line? Even if I've been here hours waiting my turn? This is not a /list mob.
As I found out from another thread this weekend, yes, if you are camping a mob you get to hand the camp to a friend in preference to someone waiting patiently right next to you.

If you want the camp, you must tell the person camping you want it, and unless they can name someone who is getting the camp next, then it will be yours.

What's to stop them naming their own Alt as next? I dunno.
Are they just gambling that you won't be around to verify this wasn't BS when they are done? I dunno.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I found out from another thread this weekend, yes, if you are camping a mob you get to hand the camp to a friend in preference to someone waiting patiently right next to you.

If you want the camp, you must tell the person camping you want it, and unless they can name someone who is getting the camp next, then it will be yours.

What's to stop them naming their own Alt as next? I dunno.
Are they just gambling that you won't be around to verify this wasn't BS when they are done? I dunno.
Even if their "friend" isnt in the zone? May not be online? Just could be anybody?
Old 12-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Kobold

As daft as it sounds....yes.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Aviak

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.

Edit* http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules
Favian - Wood Elf 3 Ranger
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 12-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekl_Mortain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob.
This may be the key to cooperation on camps that become contested. I’m thinking of the root net camp in Perma, of course.

Beware of people trying to monopolize it with a “revolving door duo.”
Old 12-01-2019, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekl_Mortain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.

Edit* http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules
I just spoke to a GM -- he told me that you can hand off to anybody as long as they are there by the next PH. He also confirmed to me that he can camp multiple toons here and hand it off to himself because "We don't interfere with player made lists" so all you have to do is camp 3-4 toons in your lore item spot and farm multiple. Just wanted to give that information in case anybody cares. He made it sound like it was common knowledge, so I was just misinformed. At least I know now to not waste my time.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may be the key to cooperation on camps that become contested. I’m thinking of the root net camp in Perma, of course.

Beware of people trying to monopolize it with a “revolving door duo.”
Revolving door duo is legal according to GM I just talked to -- well unless of course, you put yourself on the list, but they could always pass it off to themselves according to him.
Last edited by zaneosak; 12-01-2019 at 02:12 PM..
Old 12-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just spoke to a GM -- he told me that you can hand off to anybody as long as they are there by the next PH. He also confirmed to me that he can camp multiple toons here and hand it off to himself because "We don't interfere with player made lists" so all you have to do is camp 3-4 toons in your lore item spot and farm multiple. Just wanted to give that information in case anybody cares. He made it sound like it was common knowledge, so I was just misinformed. At least I know now to not waste my time.
So i know i'm picking parts here, but that sounds like the GM Knows there is multiboxing and letting it happen :/ Specially when it states in that rule that they have to wait for the next person to arrive for the next hand off. If they are handing off to their own toons thats a clear violation of the boxing rule :/

Edit* Spelling.
Favian - Wood Elf 3 Ranger
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 12-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
So i know i'm picking parts here, but that sounds like the GM Knows there is multiboxing and letting it happen :/ Specially when it states in that rule that they have to wait for the next person to arrive for the next hand off. If they are handing off to their own toons thats a clear violation of the boxing rule :/

Edit* Spelling.
I don't think he's pro-boxing. You can have 4 toons on the same account parked and just log the next one in.
Closed Thread