Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

I always keep a piece of yarn tied around my right pinky toe, which since a recent patch is supposed to help prevent FD fails. Can find in old patch notes or at monklybusiness
Old 02-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

I think they nerfed fd success rate in a recent patch, and jboot runspeed too.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Before velious at some point wandering mobs pretty much would never forget you. Currently as a monk you can sneak them off or as a necro without sneak just after they mostly reset. Stand up from fd click your pre nerf cos. Most the time you'll be clear if not just repeat. /q'ing is still safest bet but I never use it anymore. I think they increased the mem blur rate at some point. Just a small fd rant.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Worth noting that a level 35+ mob usually wont lose aggro until it has fully reset at its spawn point, or after a few successive FDs/successful monk sneak
Old 02-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Skeleton

Also note, if you a trying to FD off lots of mobs like 20 and FD fails on only one , that one mobs will re-transfer its hate to any mob close by.

So If you Have 20 mobs the systems checks each mob in your swarm and if only one fails and does not get its hate wiped all mobs close in the swarm will re aggro you.
Last edited by Night Shade; 02-01-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Old 02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like spells were interrupting you. You have to time FD in such a way that nothing is already casting when you FD. If you FD before something starts casting and FD doesn't fail on it's own..it should work. However, if something starts casting just a tiny bit before your FD it will break even a successful FD.

I think 99% of the time this is what kills monks pulling. I know that's my biggest issue. If there are 2+ casters in a pull and they alternate casts in such a way that there is not enough break to get off a successful FD or it causes you to fail FD and it goes on CD while getting clobbered. This is where using LOS can help. I always try to pull around corners/obstacles to break LOS and help me get off a successful FD. Keep in mind that LOS works the same as FD. If a mob starts casting before you break LOS the spell will still land.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Are we ever going to get revers kiting back? I would really like to play my necro again someday.

https://www.twitch.tv/p99_dude

F@$k it, Dude, let's go bowling
Old 02-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Shade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also note, if you a trying to FD off lots of mobs like 20 and FD fails on only one , that one mobs will re-transfer its hate to any mob close by.

So If you Have 20 mobs the systems checks each mob in your swarm and if only one fails and does not get its hate wiped all mobs close in the swarm will re aggro you.
thats what i figured, so if the success rate is 90% for FD per 1 mob, the success rate on 20 mobs would be 12.15%

however this doesnt seem to always be the case, because i can pick up hundreds of mobs in Overthere and as long as i have a 4 seconds of space between me and them, I can FD and lose them all. I think distance might have something to do with success rate, but IDK?
Old 02-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Fire Giant

Also, us necros don't get to use the broken sneak mechanic with our feigns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, us necros don't get to use the broken sneak mechanic with our feigns.
But you can basically wipe aggro with your pre nerf cos as you stand it seems
Closed Thread