Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Large Rat

Are servers still slated for reopen sometime Tuesday??
Old 12-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I vote keep beta testing going for 7 days

Only restore fully equipped corpses. Allow all corpsed items from farmers to decay.

H
i vote to keep mandatory beta testing until velious is ready to go live
Old 12-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Both Project 1999 Servers are currently shut down for Mandatory Beta Testing. Logging into either server on any character will initiate a beta copy, overwriting that character on beta, and then disconnect you.

The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday of next week.
Fixed.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Just to try and put a positive spin out there...

ALL players are thankful for what the devs do - this impolite whining is in a way, a testament to the success of P99 and what the devs have accomplished.

And now to inject some pragmatism:

... but biting the hand that hand that feeds, in addition to being ungrateful, is not too damn bright.

Chill out, wait politely, and help if you can.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Banned

can we get a muhfuggin update
Old 12-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Quote:
Both Project 1999 Servers are currently shut down for Mandatory Beta Testing. Logging into either server on any character will initiate a beta copy, overwriting that character on beta, and then disconnect you.

The live servers will be reopened some time Tuesday of next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed.
hahaha

Seriously though, as a new player to the server, if it's next Tuesday then that is it for me I'll find something else to invest my time. I've honestly contemplated uninstalling all this and moving on tonight. I know, no loss to the community... but really it is because I'm here voicing discontent while other new players are uninstalling the game. That is not productive to growth and not productive for other new players to have someone to group with in lowbie zones. I don't care if the server has been up 5 years or 5 weeks.

I was getting into playing, made a couple contacts then forced beta on content I won't see for months! It is very unappealing as a new player to the server. Especially so if I would like to progress from start to finish, not jumping on a test server with automatic everything and losing it when live servers come back.

Anyway... giving it over night and I'll be out if testing is still going on tomorrow, for whatever that is worth.

My last forum post about it.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Well it is a helluva long weekend for a Tuesday night.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

I do appreciate the effort the team puts into 1999, red and blue. I prefer red, but I played blue for a while first. We need to be respectful, not kiss ass about it. A new update on an ETA would be a nice gesture on their part. How was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand not wanting to go from worst gear to best gear to worst gear in a few days time and having to learn 50 new levels of spells and totally different grouping/soloing strategies you haven't seen yet.

P99 has been around for almost 5 years so the number of people just starting for the first time in the last couple months is probably a few % of the overall population so yeah it's kind of bummer timing.

You should look at it as an opportunity though. Many people will never be able to get their epic on blue or red. You have the chance to start out with some uber gear (some of the starting gear choices were kind of bizarre) including your epic. One of my mains is a 56 Mage and the Earth staff to get the epic is held hostage for 1/2 million plat the few times it's offered for sale which isn't going to happen. This is my chance to play with an epic pet!
I was in EQ beta way back in the day, played it till WoW came out, came back and forth several times. What I enjoy about P99 was that you actually have to work to get the quests done, it doesn't point you and give you everything along the way. That you don't just level up, you have to work at it. I created a human necro on blue and forgot that the guards in the sewers (bloodsabers), were negative faction to the bandit sashes and lost faction enough to be KOS in the sewers! Ya, stupid me, to me it is not the top epic game that brought me to P99 it was the actual gameplay... Can't wait for the blue and red servers to be up but I'm bored with Velious in 2 nights.. BORED
Old 12-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebaugh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, stupid me, to me it is not the top epic game that brought me to P99 it was the actual gameplay...
Absolutely true!
Closed Thread