Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Banned

Default Trade etiquette: RESPOND if you're not interested.

It is horrible etiquette to get an offer for something you're selling or a price for something you're looking for and then not respond to it. Even if you're not interested, you should always respond with a noty or something so the other person isn't sitting there waiting for an answer that will never come. That's considered extremely rude.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Skeleton

So is offering way below the asking price and expecting someone to take you serioiusly.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is horrible etiquette to get an offer for something you're selling or a price for something you're looking for and then not respond to it. Even if you're not interested, you should always respond with a noty or something so the other person isn't sitting there waiting for an answer that will never come. That's considered extremely rude.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Prefer the lack of answer over the "LOL NO WAY BRO" responses.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

I think an answer is polite - if someone were going to ask me to do something like summon their corpse, is it better for me to just ignore their /send entirely if I'm already busy?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

I disagree. Someone offered me 50K for a fungi and got mad that I didn't reply. I'm pretty sure he knows the going price of the fungi, so I don't reply back to egregious offers...he should know better. If I feel so offended, sometimes I'll just respond with an LOL.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Kobold

I couldn't care less how many morons and rude assholes are on this server. You all know who you are. If you just said to yourself "hes certainly not talking about me", I am talking about you.

Honestly most people have absolutely no idea how to trade and barter here. Somewhere in the last 15 years you all went soft, being continuously stroked off by autistic auction houses and games that took messy "best in slot" loot shits all over your chests via daily missions. You have forgotten how to play a real game that has a socially based economy.

Sellers /auction an item, at a certain price. If that price is above what you wish to buy it for, try a fucking counteroffer. I have lost count of how many idiots ask the current asking price and then fuck off when I tell them. Play the game. Counteroffer with a lower price, I am ALWAYS going to accept less than the first asking price. There is ALWAYS a middle ground.

I know many of you are trashy enough to be fans of Pawn Stars or Hardcore Pawn or whatever. I fucking am. Just pretend you are a bald obese middle aged white man who likes to play with medieval swords. It will take you far in life.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Banned

LOL. No.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't care less how many morons and rude assholes are on this server. You all know who you are. If you just said to yourself "hes certainly not talking about me", I am talking about you.

Honestly most people have absolutely no idea how to trade and barter here. Somewhere in the last 15 years you all went soft, being continuously stroked off by autistic auction houses and games that took messy "best in slot" loot shits all over your chests via daily missions. You have forgotten how to play a real game that has a socially based economy.

Sellers /auction an item, at a certain price. If that price is above what you wish to buy it for, try a fucking counteroffer. I have lost count of how many idiots ask the current asking price and then fuck off when I tell them. Play the game. Counteroffer with a lower price, I am ALWAYS going to accept less than the first asking price. There is ALWAYS a middle ground.

I know many of you are trashy enough to be fans of Pawn Stars or Hardcore Pawn or whatever. I fucking am. Just pretend you are a bald obese middle aged white man who likes to play with medieval swords. It will take you far in life.

Fuck that. If someone wants to give me less than what I want for an item, I'm not selling it to them. If someone wants me to pay more for an item than I want to, I'm not buying it from them. I don't have time to play arbitrary haggling games where people expect to sell it for 200 so they offer it for 250. It's stupid. Conventionalized haggling is stupid. If everybody's doing it then it's pointless and you may as well skip the bullshit.

I get so tired of auctioning an item I want to get rid of for 500 plat less than it's worth just to sell it faster and having these fucking parasite career lowballers send me tells trying to get me to drop it 1k because they think I'm desperate or don't know the real price. It's already below price, get out of me you vermin swine

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Banned

It's called negotiating. You say 1k, they say 500, you both settle on 750p. If you don't like lowballing or haggling then DON'T TRADE. People are ALWAYS going to want a better deal.
Closed Thread