Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Honey Mead for Trumpy broken? Faction Broken?

Hello everyone. I apologize in advance for adding this post to your workload, but I feel as if I do not have any choice.

I play a Half Elf Ranger from Queynos on the P99 server. I have been doing a lot of hunting and questing and I've reached level 11 recently (Huzzah!). Anyway: I found out that in Qeynos one has to balance the guard faction to not aggravate anyone. I have been doing the Honey Mead for Tumpy quest to balance my factions. I have turned in over 5 bags of Honey Mead (over 40 stacks) and none of my factions have changed! I have a druid friend that has no problem with this quest or the factions and I had him even log into my character to turn in 2 bags on top of the 5 I already dumped into this to show him that none of my factions change. This has lead to my death several times and I'm getting very frustrated to the point where I'm losing interest in P99 because of this. Those words DO NOT come easily, because I absolutely love this server because it is the golden age of the MMORPG genre and Everquest itself.

I need to find out if it is just my character or if it is Rangers or if something else is amiss. I tried to search the forums for a thread like this, but I didn't have any luck, so I don't believe I made a duplicate thread, but if I did, I sincerely apologize! Please, I need your help. I really want to restore my love for your server and this game. I think all of you, the server, and he community are worth it.

<3 Moonlilly
AKA: Pink
Old 03-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Large Rat

you should post what trumpy con's to you, and what he con's to your friend, as it may that you do not have the required faction needed to do the quest.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Make sure you turn all four in at the same time. I tried a few single gives, and it didn't register as four after four single turn ins. Human Druid conning indifferent to him, was able to get faction hits from 4 unstacked at a time.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Make sure you turn all four in at the same time. I tried a few single gives, and it didn't register as four after four single turn ins. Human Druid conning indifferent to him, was able to get faction hits from 4 unstacked at a time.

EDIT: Was able to get faction hits at dubious as well.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone. I apologize in advance for adding this post to your workload, but I feel as if I do not have any choice.

I play a Half Elf Ranger from Queynos on the P99 server. I have been doing a lot of hunting and questing and I've reached level 11 recently (Huzzah!). Anyway: I found out that in Qeynos one has to balance the guard faction to not aggravate anyone. I have been doing the Honey Mead for Tumpy quest to balance my factions. I have turned in over 5 bags of Honey Mead (over 40 stacks) and none of my factions have changed! I have a druid friend that has no problem with this quest or the factions and I had him even log into my character to turn in 2 bags on top of the 5 I already dumped into this to show him that none of my factions change. This has lead to my death several times and I'm getting very frustrated to the point where I'm losing interest in P99 because of this. Those words DO NOT come easily, because I absolutely love this server because it is the golden age of the MMORPG genre and Everquest itself.

I need to find out if it is just my character or if it is Rangers or if something else is amiss. I tried to search the forums for a thread like this, but I didn't have any luck, so I don't believe I made a duplicate thread, but if I did, I sincerely apologize! Please, I need your help. I really want to restore my love for your server and this game. I think all of you, the server, and he community are worth it.

<3 Moonlilly
AKA: Pink
Definitely post your faction currently. There is a big difference in amount of faction to bail out of "Ready to Attack" compared to "Threateningly". Take a look at this Faction Chart and notice the huge amount of faction possible to move from max KOS to threateningly. Also these numbers seem to be unverified on p99 so don't think of them on exact number of turn ins just as an example of scale.

Anyhow if you were threateningly and turned in 1280 brews (think that is 8 bags x 20 per slot) and it takes 4 brews per faction hit (so 320 total faction hits) it is still conceivable that you haven't done enough turn ins to hit dubious faction. Also judging your faction changes based on someone else is probably not a good way to judge whether there is a bug or not, they could have a high dubious and get to indifferent in close to the same number of turn ins you have done where if you are a low threateningly or ready to attack you might not see any noticeable faction change at all.