Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Bard Mez

This may have already been covered but just in case:

The bard mez is not functioning properly. It's only sticking on the first tick and then only lasts half a tick instead of the full 3 ticks. Additionally, the subsequent ticks are some kind of pbaoe that draws aggro but doesn't seem to mez.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26504

Quote:
Made Kelin`s Lucid Lullaby base difficulty 15, resist mod 15, buff duration 1, allowable targets Point Blank AoE, removed effect 1(Stun), range 0, aoe radius 30, new icon 96
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks, I'd missed that one.

In that case, the real bug is that it only sticks on every other tick. It sticks on ticks 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. The bard does the guitar-playing graphic on the even ticks but there is no message about heads nodding or a resist -there's just no effect on the mob whatsoever.

I tested this by standing outside of Halas and just letting it run while roaming greens walked by. I noticed 1: That if I constantly stop and start the song over it keeps them perma mezzed unlike what happens if I just let the song run (the above issue) and 2: Mobs are always effected by the first tick that they're in range of the spell even if that was an even tick from the bard's perspective. So in other words, if a mob is right next to me when I start playing, then he'll get mezzed by odd ticks. If another mob walks into range on the second tick, he'll get mezzed by that and then by further even ticks so the two mobs will alternate which is mezzed and which is attacking.

I'm gonna feel like a real jackass if this isn't a bug :P
Old 03-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordboofington [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, I'd missed that one.

In that case, the real bug is that it only sticks on every other tick. It sticks on ticks 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. The bard does the guitar-playing graphic on the even ticks but there is no message about heads nodding or a resist -there's just no effect on the mob whatsoever.

I tested this by standing outside of Halas and just letting it run while roaming greens walked by. I noticed 1: That if I constantly stop and start the song over it keeps them perma mezzed unlike what happens if I just let the song run (the above issue) and 2: Mobs are always effected by the first tick that they're in range of the spell even if that was an even tick from the bard's perspective. So in other words, if a mob is right next to me when I start playing, then he'll get mezzed by odd ticks. If another mob walks into range on the second tick, he'll get mezzed by that and then by further even ticks so the two mobs will alternate which is mezzed and which is attacking.

I'm gonna feel like a real jackass if this isn't a bug :P
I noticed this too but I'm not sure it's a bug. If you spam it mobs remain mezzed, but if you don't, since the mez lasts only one tick, the next server tick can actually happen before your song recasts. I looked at comments on everlore about this song and they seemed to confirm this.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 03-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed this too but I'm not sure it's a bug. If you spam it mobs remain mezzed, but if you don't, since the mez lasts only one tick, the next server tick can actually happen before your song recasts. I looked at comments on everlore about this song and they seemed to confirm this.
Hmmm I don't doubt that it could have been set up that way but that sure seems like a bug in itself. I played bard back in 2003 on the live servers and definitely don't remember the mez working like this :\
Last edited by lordboofington; 03-24-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Old 03-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordboofington [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm I don't doubt that it could have been set up that way but that sure seems like a bug in itself. I played bard back in 2003 on the live servers and definitely don't remember the mez working like this :\
Are you saying that if you kept it playing passively (the aoe mez that is), the mobs would always stay mezzed? Because it seemed like you weren't familiar with the pbae mez (I don't think it was a pbae in 2003). If it means anything, the level 28 mez lasts 3 ticks and does keep mobs mezzed even if you play it passively without spamming.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 03-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying that if you kept it playing passively (the aoe mez that is), the mobs would always stay mezzed? Because it seemed like you weren't familiar with the pbae mez (I don't think it was a pbae in 2003). If it means anything, the level 28 mez lasts 3 ticks and does keep mobs mezzed even if you play it passively without spamming.
What I'm saying is that it's a bug that we can't just play it passively and have the mobs stay mezzed.

And yeah, that does actually make me feel better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
This song wasn't even a pbaoe mez in 2003.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

But we agree that's it's bugged because it has to spammed to make it actually work on every tick, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2011, 04:25 AM
VIP / Contributor

It's a one tick song. Working as intended.
Closed Thread