Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took it as an attempt to forestall some of the usual partisan bickering by reminding folks that the other side wanted out, too.

Danth
Well we each hear what we thought we heard I guess.

Glad you guys are optimists!

Maybe I am to quick to judge biden.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And we are going to regret leaving, mark my words.

Saying, "He made me do it" is some chicken shit shit to do, for a president.
1st paragraph - lol yikes.

2nd: gibberish, like I explained very clearly. he didn't say "he made me do it". he said he was not going to continue into a 3rd decade of war for a people who do not feel it worth fighting. You have a syndrome dude, you are obsessed with Donald Trump
Old 08-16-2021, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks. Can you please give a quick read and confirm that Jibartik's interpretation of the speech is very confused? I think he needs that
no but ill just leave this here

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well we each hear what we thought we heard I guess.

Glad you guys are optimists!

Maybe I am to quick to judge biden.
Nah, I agree with what he heard. It is a reasonable insight into the remark. It did that and prepared context for his explanation of the treaties and mechanics in question. You are the outlier, because your opinion is delusion and supported only by "my opinion always guod as urs" relativist pseudophilosophy which u can never keep off ur tongue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the group is telling you right now bro, u are misreading social cues because you are obsessed with a political figure and thats a little schiiizz....

he made no comment on Trump at all, merely explained what was up and when the relevant treaty was signed. He honored the treaty. He agreed with the treaty

Your wrong
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 08-16-2021 at 06:35 PM..
Banned

Quote:
At this point, there is no turning around.

I supported the decision when trump said to do it, and I supported it when biden did.

But when I saw those pictures of the kids going to school today, hoping that they were going to be able to maintain that way of life...

And I know full well they are about to be characters in a much more horrific handmaids tale than the handmaids tale...

Im sorry but I think we should at least get an answer as to why we didnt have a contingancy plan to get these people out

And if the answer is the president saying "because trump" then I am going to lose it.

This, good decision or bad, is going the worst it could possibly go and man, so I ask, can we do ANYTHING right??!
I don't think anyone opposed ending a major US presence in Afghanistan and the war

We still have troops in South Korea (30 Thousand) for example and there isn't a war there raging. It's a deterrence. The same philosophy applied to Afghanistan. American Air Power and Intelligence was still going to be used as a deterrence (Soleimani) and during negotiations with The Trump Administration when The Taliban rattled their sabers and tested him, they were crushed.

Biden just let it all fall apart. Didn't listen to his advisors who had been warning him this would happen for months because he changed the conditions of the initial agreement. It's all on him. Period.

He even pulled out contractors who serviced American Air Power and our aircraft were just keeping hangers warm while The Taliban advanced unimpeded. He also stopped funding the Afghan Military, who hadn't been getting supplied by the Afghan Government or even paid for months.

He bungled this badly and looks like an incompetent fool on the world stage. I guess "The buck stops here" was just another shallow campaign commercial from a corrupt politician
Old 08-16-2021, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

I still would argue that this is blamey:

Quote:
There was only the cold reality of either following through on the agreement to withdraw our forces or escalating the conflict and sending thousands more American troops back into combat in Afghanistan
That sounds to me that if he didnt do it, we would be going back into a war, how am I wrong about that?

"all I could do in this cold harsh position I am stuck in, is either go through with its assnine plan, or be forced into a war"

Can we at least admit that this is some passive aggressive shit?
Old 08-16-2021, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

I would have preferred a stronger rearguard action to get more out in a more stable way.

The French gained back some honor in the Dunkirk bloodbath Jiblet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2021, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone opposed ending a major US presence in Afghanistan and the war

We still have troops in South Korea (30 Thousand) for example and there isn't a war there raging. It's a deterrence. The same philosophy applied to Afghanistan. American Air Power and Intelligence was still going to be used as a deterrence (Soleimani) and during negotiations with The Trump Administration when The Taliban rattled their sabers and tested him, they were crushed.
You're forgetting one very important detail.

South Korea has economic value to us. Afghanistan has nothing (unless the CIA is still trying to flood our bottom feeders with heroin).

Remember when the US had a major heroin epidemic in the northeast before covid? What do you think that was fueled by?
Old 08-16-2021, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
I still would argue that this is blamey:

That sounds to me that if he didnt do it, we would be going back into a war, how am I wrong about that?
He's setting up a classic strawman

We didn't need to reignite the war there. He inherited a plan and while he chose to continue with the spirit of the plan, he radically changed it and it blew up in his face
Old 08-16-2021, 06:36 PM
Banned

I do wish more had been done to evac people. I think there was some serious shrugging involved here. Biden is the shrug president. But empty and apathetic as he is, his penchant for theatre and a GREAT speechwriter hit the heart of the matter really well.

My question is, is it within the Executive's power TO evac people and draw down? Or is he dealing with a rigid apparatus, the only way of interfacing with which is yanking the entire cord out of the socket? Not sure his level of complicity, but there is a possibility that this was the only heroic or good act USA has done in a while. Taking the PR disaster on the chin and not retaliating. The harder the pro-war folks like Jibartik holler, the harder it will be to resist that retaliation. I wish him steadfast there.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 08-16-2021 at 06:39 PM..
Closed Thread