Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-19-2018, 04:49 PM
Orc

Hello guys,
I just managed to install P99 on my 2013 macbook thanks to this super thread.
I have just logged ingame but for some reason my keyboard is not working properly, ie for example i cannot type "/" which is very annoying. I'm using the built in AZERTY keyboard from my macbook, anyone would have a clue about what's happening please ?

Cheers,
Bache
Old 11-20-2018, 03:10 AM
Orc

Just ignore my last messages, I found the solution.
For anyone who will eventually encounter this issue, it's actually quite simple : just shift the keyboard of your macbook from AZERTY to QWERTY and you're all set !
Cheers
Old 12-24-2018, 01:00 AM
Aviak

Confirmed working flawlessly on OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra on a 2009 24" iMac 2.66 Core 2 Duo with 8gb ram and Nvidia Geforce 9400 w 256mb ram. Downloading the linked app did not work for me, even after removing the GPU check and settings. I ended up just installing the latest version of Wineskin and creating it myself.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default :(

had your awesome dropbox link running on my old Mac but got a new one and all it reads it cannot open read file only or something of the sort after i unzip it... my poor necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am attempting to get this working on a 2018 Macbook Pro with Mojave 10.14.2 and have followed the steps in this post.

The game client starts and throws a warning about ATI drivers. I continue anyway. I am able to login and see the list of servers. I select the P99 PVE server and click on Play Everquest. It has a think, the window momentarily gets bigger and then drops back to the login screen where I need to reenter my password.

Anyone got any tips on what the problem might be?
Old 01-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I haven't been able to get it working in high sierra. has there been some kind of update?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was able to play with El Captain installed had no problems. i recently updated to Mojave. had to re-download the game via VILES dropbox link and I keep getting ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist. I have checked the permissions and set them to read & write. Any help would be great. thanks
Old 02-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Where to get the update files?

Hey guys, where do you get the P99 update files as mentioned in the video?

Also, I'm a little confused by this step:
Quote:
5. Copy your EQEmu installation into the "drive_c" shortcut folder. I didn't put it inside of "Program Files" just to keep the path short and sweet.
(If you are not copying/pasting, skip to Step 7 to see notes on installing from CD)
Where do I get the EQEmu installation?

Sorry if they're dumb questions but just tryna get back into EQ if possible and won't have access to my windows comp for a month or two.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Large Rat

Im here hoping Vile can add a new download with new files [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

"Your spell file is outdated" comes up now on the Character Select screen during login. First, are the V45 files the most current that you can get in the Getting Started thread? Second, once downloaded where do they go and do you also need to delete anything else?

I've downloaded the zip for V45. Once unzipped is it as simple as copying the folder of new files into the "C" drive or do you do it differently?

Thanks

dca