Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: These rules work for you?
Agree 32 50.79%
Disagree 7 11.11%
Have no care either way 24 38.10%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Banned

Rules can be very nuanced and hard to understand... most people don't 'get them' and have their own ideas.

Often times rules conflict. There's past precedences. On top of that, at the end of the day it will come down to a judgement call by a GM.

Play nice policy is something people personally define. To me it means a few things-
1-making an effort with the other party that is challenging the camp. This means discussing the rules with them and using evidence. Keeping a dialogue going until it's clear that there's varying viewpoints that isn't going to be resolved. When a GM gets involved, I don't think it's a good look to be the party that is shutting down reasonable conversation.
2- Giving people time to get their spawns. I am very lenient with this. If someone lets something pop I usually give them at least 3 mins or so before I ask them 'whats up'.

Any time I've had to deal with a GM I've respected the decision and I don't really disagree with the judgement they've used in my cases.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all anyone knows, the poor soul might have eaten at Panda Express and is having an extended personal emergency in the bathroom.
I'm camping Panda Express. Chick-fil-A may be open if Eratani isn't camping it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Busher 51 Elven Ranger
Clewless Gamer 52 Gnome Magician
Cleaveage 36 Ogre Warrior
Azwuping 25 Human Monk
Vietgnom 30 Gnome Necromancer
Johnsun 20 High Elf Cleric
Swishwins 3 Gnome Enchanter (RED)
Old 11-06-2018, 06:15 AM
Sarnak

Bush blew up the towers to fund Halliburton on an ill-advised expedition to plunder West Asia
Old 11-06-2018, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules can be very nuanced and hard to understand... most people don't 'get them' and have their own ideas.
There's rules and there's "rules" (ie - my interpretation vs yours)

One thing that's also certain, people want more rules while being equally frustrated about how rules are used against them.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Fire Giant

so u wiped at a camp, return after 3 min and find someone else at camp claiming it

who's the ass here? is it you for asking for ur camp back, or the dude who follows the rule and claims it because u wiped

play by the rule and get called an ass, or be an ass and play the "place nice card" and try to bend the rule
Old 11-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so u wiped at a camp, return after 3 min and find someone else at camp claiming it

who's the ass here? is it you for asking for ur camp back, or the dude who follows the rule and claims it because u wiped

play by the rule and get called an ass, or be an ass and play the "place nice card" and try to bend the rule
I don't think you should have expectations of keeping a camp if you wiped and someone else wants it. However, it is a nice turn for the other person to give leeway. Simple as that I think.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Default I wish i had you write my plea. Well said and you are right in what you state.

Quote:
Now, with that explanation out of the way, it seems to me that the rules on this server are ... not optimized. To document this I started http://wiki.project1999.com/Rules, which details the many, many pages where "the rules" are listed. And that's just the (many copies of the) officially listed rules: there's also one off rulings and rules explanations made by staff members here in the forums (those 1 in 3 cases I mentioned).

Some day (and I have many wiki "irons in the fire", so this day may never come) I hope to combine all of those many rules page into a single page, and then lobby the staff to use it instead of the many disparate rule sources we currently have. But until I (or someone else) does that huge amount of work, and then successfully lobbies the staff, our current system of nine (plus) different rules posts, plus explanation of those rules in random staff posts, is just the way it is here.
I'd love to see you or someone get some involvement. Of course this is the end all be all dispute of raid targets and casual plat camps alike. But it's beyond time someone does something about it when it's occurring. No more tisk tisk and they do it again. A warning, and a ban. I once looted a raid item because I was in attendance and told it was OK by my group. 30 min later I had msgs from menden on my apt asking me to give it back and that I was receiving a ban for 7 days via rules are rules. I feel that was garbage because I did show my cause and gave it back, and still remained banned. I think if rules are rules then everyone should get handled the dame and not allow some to go on doing as they wish. If you can draw attention to this everold issue then the server thanks you.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Thank you all for getting involved in posting your feelings and your Pole
Old 11-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious: What camps are you doing, on what class, that you're so constantly encountering problems with other players? I ask because your experience is vastly different than my own. I run into camp disputes only a handful of times a year, and mostly they're resolved by working it out with the other party. Are you mostly hanging around in popular and well-traveled areas?

I'm not disputing your own experience so much as I want to know where to avoid.

Danth
Hi most commonly anywhere involving cash in wakening lands. I do a good job of holding down mobs on my necro and can if I saw to it hold down 8-10 at a time. I chose to hold 4-8, to be kind. Or 4'sentients or 6 sentients. The fights come when people jump into camps and start killing because they either just logged in " quote/unquote" from work, or entered zone and didn't bother to CC (camp check) likes been done for 20yrs. Generally we try to send tell and say hey bud this is camped. The fight begins the moment the reply is Huh? Idc! LoL or O.o or w/e.

A simple " oh. I'm sorry I didn't see you there would be OK". But the arrogant assumption they are beyond rules cause Meth told me so makes the fight go on a lot longer then needed until someone dies or the rare chance a guide shows up and enforces a rule..

And yes I mean Meth cause these asshats have to be 8 yrs old or on Meth to not know how to act. Either way needs correction.

It's any damn camp that is challenged by someone that feels they want it and came late. That's all. If a person wanted to stay on a camp for 7 yrs and never sleep they could, it's their right. Not someone else's cause they have a lunch break or aka boxing and have time to camp a mob and want yours. If it's taken, you move the hell on or log off. All there is to it. That is an end all be all of a rule. Constitute if it's up and no one is there killing it or no one replies to Cc or you waited time for them to reply from AFK, you can take it, if it's camped and they are actively killing or talking to you, you cannot.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

I'm being mostly comical in my post above. But some people do need to throw the pipe away.