Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-15-2018, 01:21 AM
Skeleton

Yes. I did. C: contains everquest. F: (my ssd) contains titanium. Disc one through five.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell2413 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im missing eqgame.exe. so titanium install does not contain eqgame.exe so im going to have to reinstall everquest? Which if thats the case. Why can i access live servers, but still not pull up p99?
Ok first, let me just clarify - live EQ has absolutely nothing to do with Titanium or you playing on Project 1999. You do not need live EQ to use Titanium, nor is Titanium an extension of live EQ. Titanium is a completely self-contained and portable installation of EQ and you do not need any other files except those included with Titanium and the official Project 1999 patch to play on Project 1999, nor can you play on Project 1999 using any other installation of EQ. It's actually better if you do not have live EQ installed because you will be less likely to confuse the two installations with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell2413 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have uninstalled virus scanner / protection and redownloaded and still getting the same error.
What do you mean by redownloaded? You redownloaded a fresh copy of Titanium and then reinstalled it, or are you just referring to the Project 1999 patch files? To be clear, I am recommending that you completely delete your old install of Titanium and reinstall it from scratch and then follow the Getting Started Guide. If eqgame.exe does not exist in your Titanium files, then something is wrong with that installation of Titanium and you need to reinstall it. If you reinstall it, and eqgame.exe still does not exist in your files (meaning you actually navigated to your Titanium EQ directory and manually verified that the file is not there), then something is wrong with that copy of Titanium and you need to acquire a new copy of Titanium and then reinstall it again. The only other possible explanation is that eqgame.exe is being falsely flagged as a virus and quarantined/deleted by some antivirus program you're running.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-18-2018 at 10:15 PM..
Old 11-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Skeleton

Well i disabled my virus scan. Completely deleted all eof everquest live and titanium. Reinstalled eq live first. And did a reinstall of titanium. Removed the 4 files i needed after downloading the p99 files per set up guide. Boom im ready right? Nope cause i still cant find eqgame.exe. however. The same titanium copy was used and installed on my backup pc. And after downloading p99 files and removing the other 4. I am good to go. I want to be able to get my new pc running it so i can play with my son who has been driving me nuts asking to play and i can only tell him it doesnt work. He is at the age he knows but. He thinks im lying because any other game runs fine lol. I just want to spend quality game time with my boy killing treants and gnolls lol. Maybe a giant or two if we ever get that high[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but idk why my old pc runs it and not new. I did uninstall everquest and after i did that on new pc i have been getting this error since. So i figured that was the problem but after reinstalling i still havethe error:/
Old 11-19-2018, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

I was able to literally copy the entirety of C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony to a fresh Windows 10 install on a laptop, create the shortcut to eqgame.exe with the appropriate patchme modifier (when you right click the shortcut on your desktop, click Properties, and it should have something similar to this listed under Target -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme) in the shortcut path and have it work without issue. I'd recommend trying to copy all of the Sony folder from the PC that has the working copy of p99 to the new PC, make the shortcut, add patchme to the Target path of the shortcut as seen above, and see if that's the magic bullet you're looking for.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Last edited by kylok; 11-19-2018 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: fat fingers
Old 11-19-2018, 03:22 AM
Skeleton

Ya ill attempt that because i tried making a shortcut which target line was c:everquest\something.exe and made it eqgame.exe" patchme and it wouldnt let me apply it because it said the target line was invalid