Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Ogre Shaman - Options for improving Dark Ones faction?

Ogre shamans start KOS to Troll shamans (Dark Ones). From the wiki, it looks like the only way to up that faction is the More Help for Innoruuk quest which actually requires wolf form or similar to do the turn in.

Is there another option that is more accessible? A quest missing from the wiki perhaps?
Old 07-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Is there some lore reason ogre shams are kos to troll shams? Seems weird.

I never played a dark char seriously.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

There's bad blood between the ogre and the troll shamans, they don't like each other very much.

I found this out the hard way (20 years ago) when my Ogre shaman tried to bank in Grobb. He got laid out pretty fast.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there some lore reason ogre shams are kos to troll shams? Seems weird.

I never played a dark char seriously.
FRONTAL STUN!

REGENERATION!
Old 07-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Trolls are actively evil. Ogres are just innocent dum dums.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolls are actively evil. Ogres are just innocent dum dums.
I like this cute story. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Troll shaman Dark Ones faction worship Innoruuk who hates everyone except members of his club, Ogre shamans worship Rallos Zek who is mostly hated less-so by all other religions as he took over the world in the past.

I could have sworn the letter delivery from Grobb shamans to Neriak’s cleric temple was a nice positive hit for Dark Ones but guessing I remember that wrong from early live days or that was a different phase of EQ’s timeline outside of p1999’s scope. I can tell you from first hand experience on P1999 the easiest mistake you can make as a starting Ogre SK also worshipping Rallos Zek (or anyone else) is killing the “a skeleton” 3 of which spawn in Grobb as part of a low level quest that are highly aggressive to non-trolls and one kill will put you KoS to Dark Ones.

Yes, I also got the bad touch from Troll Shaman Trainer Jokca. Usually just as I open my bank deposit box here she comes to scare the hell out of you. Sicko stands there, drooling, leering at the only way to reach the bank. Oh, sometimes she will be one step outside Aggro range teasing you and taunting. But most times, no, no, that is one thirsty troll and she has an insatiable appetite for that underage (low level) ogre butt.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

I thought most of the Ogre v Troll factions were in opposition to each other?
Old 07-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Untested, but should work:

1) Go to the Dark One's guild with a Druid or Ranger and a Bard friend.

2) Have the Bard keep up pulse Invis/Song of Travel.

3) Grobb is an outdoor zone. Have the Ranger/Druid - from a safe distance away from aggro - continually harmony...Bregna I think it is.

4) Shrink yourself so you have a smaller aggro radius?

5) Inch yourself as far as possible from Bregna but close enough that you can still trade.

6) Trade Deathfist belts and accept the trade everytime the Bard invis pulses on you. Do this until you're Amiable then switch to "Majik Power" for Kaglari which is much cheaper and easier. (x2 Bone Chip, x2 Snake Scale per turn in - snake scales are sold infinitely from a vendor in Commonlands)