Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 09:09 PM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to EricaOgre
Default A huge shoutout to the wonderful players in LGuk today.

Hi. I play Charmingbunny. The horrible enchanter. I wanted to make a post and thank some very special people who really helped me today and turned disaster into victory over eleven hours.

I'd never camped Lord before as an enchanter, or as a 50. Always in groups. I started the day with my friends Nek of <Castle> and Varguk <I forgot the name, shoot>. A shaman and necromancer. We broke the camp and had no issue with it just killing around. We got one lord pop with a helmet. No big deal. Well. That was the last I'd see of him for the next ten hours. Over the course of that time my friends came and went.

The cleric Fingvar of <Dynasty> came to spend some time. We roamed around a bit. Found an Archmage while no one was camping it and I managed to upgrade from my oracle robe no questions asked. Thanks Fingvar for being there. Well, eventually he had to go too among the sea of placeholders.

Kline, a Cleric from <Castle> crossed three zones and ran a zone he didn't know to be with me and help even if he was busy irl. I'm deeply grateful. We ran through the final hour of the day with little hope. Until the last pop I was staying for showed up.

The Ghoul Lord. With a Ykesha! I was overjoyed but I knew the fight would be hard. I was tired. My jaw was sore from clenching every time my pet broke. But I sent my Bok knight in. In my tiredness I forgot to refresh clarity but I figured 3 minutes would be enough. I was wrong. So very wrong. We fought but my charm was flakey. He kept breaking. Twice rather quickly and Kline kept me alive. Then the door popped and in came a Dar Knight. I mezzed it. I rooted the Lord. I had slowed him as well. My mana was starting to run thin and I called for help OOC from the next in line.

Sharine and Evimpee from <Fires of Heaven> Seems Evimpee had left but I appreciate him anyway. But Sharine came as quickly as she could. Then suddenly in ran Cognikability a 49 enchanter. He and Sharine began to assist. He summoned an Animation and took aggro with a well placed root as my pet had broken once more. I was wrestling with that bok knight and the dar. Getting both under control but something had rooted my bok. I regained charm and was now fully oom. I couldn't get the pet to engage due to him being rooted and watched in horror as the Lord slew Cognik's pet..and then Cognik himself fell with a groan.

I knew we were in trouble. Sharine didn't have a pet to use and she was doing her best I believe to maintain control of the dar and the lord. In comes Aladus of <Calamitous Intent> Another enchanter who was trying to help. Sadly just as he arrived and began casting. My pet broke a final time at 3% on The Ghoul Lord. I was dead. Instantly.

Then Kline.
Then Sharine.
Then Cognik again.
Then Aladus.

It was a horror story. I made my way back as quickly as I could to find Mezzin and Mindwreck floating over the carnage in air elemental form. I expressed how exhausted I was. They assured me all would be well. They took up flank to control what may come down the hall. Mindwreck swapped to his cleric Angelicus and quickly made his way to us! He healed, buffed us, rezzed poor Kline who had done their very best. Along with Cognik and Aladus, Kline and Angelicus we readied ourselves. I would send in a Dar Knight to soak the Lord while being rooted. Cognik and Aladus would take his Bok's and we would destroy him.

With our clerics at our backs the few breaks that happened were trivial. In the end. He died and they all let me take my hard won Ykesha. I couldn't have done it without these people. Most of which. I'd never met.

That's why p99 is special. Sure. Any of them could have come in and sniped the lord at his low HP when I died. But they didn't. They tried to help. They did help.

I can write this, with my shortsword in my bag for my warrior knowing it has a story attached. So it'll never be sold. Only passed down to others.

Thank you everyone. So much.

You all rule.

- Charmingbunny, lvl 50 enchanter of <Castle>.

Oh and to add. My food delivery arrived while we were prepping after having been sent mid disastrous wipe to the wrong place. Only to be delivered to the apartment upstairs. I had to run up a flight of stairs in my PJ's to get it and get back inside praying I wouldn't hear my knight break on my headset. All was well in the end.
Last edited by EricaOgre; 08-25-2020 at 09:13 PM..
Old 08-25-2020, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a fun time, grats on the kill!
Old 08-25-2020, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Great story.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a fun time, grats on the kill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great story.
It was a nail biter for sure. I enjoyed it. Despite the insane levels of stress. Would I do it again? Not without a group. But, anything below lord sure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2020, 03:38 AM
Sarnak

Exclamation

Little did they know, the nightmare was only just beginning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaOgre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. I play Charmingbunny. The horrible enchanter. I wanted to make a post and thank some very special people who really helped me today and turned disaster into victory over eleven hours.

I'd never camped Lord before as an enchanter, or as a 50. Always in groups. I started the day with my friends Nek of <Castle> and Varguk <I forgot the name, shoot>. A shaman and necromancer. We broke the camp and had no issue with it just killing around. We got one lord pop with a helmet. No big deal. Well. That was the last I'd see of him for the next ten hours. Over the course of that time my friends came and went.

The cleric Fingvar of <Dynasty> came to spend some time. We roamed around a bit. Found an Archmage while no one was camping it and I managed to upgrade from my oracle robe no questions asked. Thanks Fingvar for being there. Well, eventually he had to go too among the sea of placeholders.

Kline, a Cleric from <Castle> crossed three zones and ran a zone he didn't know to be with me and help even if he was busy irl. I'm deeply grateful. We ran through the final hour of the day with little hope. Until the last pop I was staying for showed up.

The Ghoul Lord. With a Ykesha! I was overjoyed but I knew the fight would be hard. I was tired. My jaw was sore from clenching every time my pet broke. But I sent my Bok knight in. In my tiredness I forgot to refresh clarity but I figured 3 minutes would be enough. I was wrong. So very wrong. We fought but my charm was flakey. He kept breaking. Twice rather quickly and Kline kept me alive. Then the door popped and in came a Dar Knight. I mezzed it. I rooted the Lord. I had slowed him as well. My mana was starting to run thin and I called for help OOC from the next in line.

Sharine and Evimpee from <Fires of Heaven> Seems Evimpee had left but I appreciate him anyway. But Sharine came as quickly as she could. Then suddenly in ran Cognikability a 49 enchanter. He and Sharine began to assist. He summoned an Animation and took aggro with a well placed root as my pet had broken once more. I was wrestling with that bok knight and the dar. Getting both under control but something had rooted my bok. I regained charm and was now fully oom. I couldn't get the pet to engage due to him being rooted and watched in horror as the Lord slew Cognik's pet..and then Cognik himself fell with a groan.

I knew we were in trouble. Sharine didn't have a pet to use and she was doing her best I believe to maintain control of the dar and the lord. In comes Aladus of <Calamitous Intent> Another enchanter who was trying to help. Sadly just as he arrived and began casting. My pet broke a final time at 3% on The Ghoul Lord. I was dead. Instantly.

Then Kline.
Then Sharine.
Then Cognik again.
Then Aladus.

It was a horror story. I made my way back as quickly as I could to find Mezzin and Mindwreck floating over the carnage in air elemental form. I expressed how exhausted I was. They assured me all would be well. They took up flank to control what may come down the hall. Mindwreck swapped to his cleric Angelicus and quickly made his way to us! He healed, buffed us, rezzed poor Kline who had done their very best. Along with Cognik and Aladus, Kline and Angelicus we readied ourselves. I would send in a Dar Knight to soak the Lord while being rooted. Cognik and Aladus would take his Bok's and we would destroy him.

With our clerics at our backs the few breaks that happened were trivial. In the end. He died and they all let me take my hard won Ykesha. I couldn't have done it without these people. Most of which. I'd never met.

That's why p99 is special. Sure. Any of them could have come in and sniped the lord at his low HP when I died. But they didn't. They tried to help. They did help.

I can write this, with my shortsword in my bag for my warrior knowing it has a story attached. So it'll never be sold. Only passed down to others.

Thank you everyone. So much.

You all rule.

- Charmingbunny, lvl 50 enchanter of <Castle>.

Oh and to add. My food delivery arrived while we were prepping after having been sent mid disastrous wipe to the wrong place. Only to be delivered to the apartment upstairs. I had to run up a flight of stairs in my PJ's to get it and get back inside praying I wouldn't hear my knight break on my headset. All was well in the end.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaOgre

Quote:
...with my shortsword in my ....... bag...

Quote:
...with my shortsword in my summoned bag...

Quote:
...SUMMONED...
Quote:
...BAG...

PS: loved the story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2020, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

A night of everquest:
Friends, Camps, Corpse Runs, Loot and Take Out food (I hope it was chinese).

Doesn't get better!
Old 08-26-2020, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Love post like this 20/10 post. Thanks for sharing, glad you got your yak
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-26-2020, 10:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A night of everquest:
Friends, Camps, Corpse Runs, Loot and Take Out food (I hope it was chinese).

Doesn't get better!
It was hotwings and they were meh but the story was great. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love post like this 20/10 post. Thanks for sharing, glad you got your yak
Memories like this are hard to come by.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Little did they know, the nightmare was only just beginning...

PS: loved the story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a monster.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Being a Main Mage, I now make it a point to empty and destroy my summoned bags every time before I log, just in case something like that happens. There has been more than one time where I've gone to bed and immediately had to get back out of bed, boot up the PC, and re-log in just to empty the summoned bags I left on me after a long grind session!
Closed Thread