Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 11:06 PM
Aviak

RNG is crazy, aint it? My buddy spent about 20 hours farming a corrupted shaman for his druid epic. I got 2 corrupted shamans within 2 hours. The reason I had to go for 2 is bc some Castle druid ninja looted the lake water as i was swapping toons.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its pretty obvious they changed the drop rates on the FBSS maybe after they found out how shit the haste belts were in sky so now they are artificially making them "better" by virtue of access.

there is approximately a .003% chance for a sample size of 21 fenzies.

I'd like to hear why the rates were change. there also used to be a waiting list of 5-6 people to camp frenz 5 months ago when I took a long break from EQ, now there is almost never even a list going and sometimes frenz is completely open. Not by coincidence, surely.
This project has never had the 25% rare/ 75% common if that's what you are referring to. Its always been way lower for rares.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:02 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to EricaOgre

I mean. It happened to me on Fippy server. My wife and I and a friend camped frenzy as a paladin enchanted shaman trio for four days in napping shifts just to do it we got two belts. Total. Over four days. It sucked.

I just spent eleven hours on Lord today to get one SSB and one Ykesha I almost didn’t get. Rng sucks man.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:07 PM
Banned

In my experience a lot of the items on P99 are WAY more common than they were on live.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:12 PM
Banned

i dont think i ever saw a named or item drop during my live experience lol
i was gifted a zlandicars heart though, by an IRELF pal in my 30s though and wondered why everyone called me a WIZ twink
Old 08-26-2020, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how the frenzy had a list several players deep for a year then magically it's open all night. I'm sure it's all coincidence.
It’s not a coincidence. The server has been out for almost a year and Kunark is about to drop. Many people who wanted an FBSS (or multiple of them for alts) have already gotten them. Others have just said why deal with it so close to Kunark. And then you add in the fact that some people who might otherwise try to farm it more are simply not playing right now and haven’t been for a bit since they’re just waiting for Kunark (check out how low the pop has been at prime time compared to what it was months ago). That’s why the camp is open
Old 08-28-2020, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my experience a lot of the items on P99 are WAY more common than they were on live.
Yeah it depends on the item. I've farmed a bunch of paw of opollas on green, and and gynok feels classically rare, but the fungus mutant in guk drops gukweed seemingly just as frequently as the spores and bracket mildew. On live, the gukweed was a second bottleneck in addition to gynok. It took my scrawny teenage ass 16 hours camping it during the summer of 2000 to get it. On green I've gotten three in a row, and two in a row.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

I've seen Myconid Spore King not pop once over an entire weekend. It was 100% camped, without break, from friday night to sunday night, and there wasn't a single king spawn.

I've also seen 3 tunics on 3 spawns in a row.

random is pretty random
Old 08-28-2020, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yet if you'd gotten FBSS on first drop you wouldn't be here posting about the other side of the RNG luck coin.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

i've levelled at least 5 chars in karnor's on p99, 3 on live, killed hundreds of skele warlords, and i've never seen a tstaff drop

who do i talk to about getting a refund for my subscription?
Closed Thread