Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 05:17 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to EricaOgre

I died in sky and popped at King in Guk. Soloed the Tactician naked and took his tiara and my Rez and left. Enchanters op. Could be the game is twenty years some old and we know so much more about the mechanics. I think that’s been said tho.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry I'm not a paladin for you. What I want is the classic experience where people were forced to group and socialize because you couldn't solo all of the content. I'm confident that Nilbog will get this addressed to bring back the classic experience.

Sorry you want retail WoW.
Fair warning, I tried retail wow after p99 and now I can no longer have fun playing this game
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaOgre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I died in sky and popped at King in Guk. Soloed the Tactician naked and took his tiara and my Rez and left. Enchanters op. Could be the game is twenty years some old and we know so much more about the mechanics. I think that’s been said tho.
Next tell em how many times you died to the noble.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair warning, I tried retail wow after p99 and now I can no longer have fun playing this game
I don't have that problem but vanilla WoW is a legit great game.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:35 PM
Banned

Mobs were reliably charmed for killing AoW, that's right, for the whole fight. It isn't a short one.

Get over it.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:38 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to EricaOgre

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next tell em how many times you died to the noble.
My current tally is 4.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Enchanter pets were paper bags on live, on P99 I see them tanking better than my mage pets? Enchanter pets could not EVER tank a F-ing spectre. Broken, the devs(server runners) pumping the classes they play again. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, if any of these fools even played live. The more I play here the more I think not a damn one of you did, including the people running the server.
Last edited by NPC; 10-05-2020 at 07:17 PM..
Old 10-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Aviak

I remember only seeing enchanters without clothes on live I’m pretty sure they didn’t have armor slots. Fix plz.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have that problem but vanilla WoW is a legit great game.
Thats because vanilla wow was designed by Aftermath and FOH guild's core serving as producers for its design.

After the initial success of the progressive raid scene in vanilla, where resist gear use (and collection) was essential to success for pioneering the content, they continuously nerfed the content until raid progression no longer necessitated farming of resist gear and consumables for success.

Shadow resist gear, for example, relied partly on armorsmiths for basic resist gear, and required a huge time commitments allying the argent dawn faction path for the advanced recipe unlocks and was pretty helpful in Naxx and on shadow dragons etc. Having a fair amount of resist gear enabled shadow dmg absorbing potions to last several aoes and brought their average duration in alignment with the global-potion-cooldown etc.

Fire resist materials required drops from trash mobs in MC, Ory and BWL, and its recipes were unlocked through factioning in the blackrock group dungeons.

Likewise the nightmare dragons utilized poison and there was a whole line of progress in gathering geoup drops as well as farming in AQ and faction earned in helping to open AQ for your server.

In TBC they made level 53 group gear obsolete raid gear from vanilla and did away with resist gear and consumable farming requirements for raid progression, altogether, and accelerated the progressive content nerf cycle for the sake of "accessibilty" forsaking the "hardcore" oversight/influence that made vanilla great.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 10-05-2020 at 11:22 PM..
Old 10-06-2020, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter pets were paper bags on live, on P99 I see them tanking better than my mage pets? Enchanter pets could not EVER tank a F-ing spectre. Broken, the devs(server runners) pumping the classes they play again. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, if any of these fools even played live. The more I play here the more I think not a damn one of you did, including the people running the server.
This is a core part of how Enchanter is overpowered. It lets the class easily level to 12 for charm which used to be a damn nightmare and almost impossible unless you grouped or took forever to solo.

Then it lets Enchanter farm easily once they level up or have a reliable pet in situations where charm isn't ideal. I even use the pet occasionally at the end of a charm fight when I'm almost out of mana and have my final pet low on health, the pet can just solo it meaning I don't have to gate out and leave exp.

Pet definitely needs a nerf but hard to prove it was always paper thin. I provided links to this but not sure it's enough evidence.

Bug reported here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...99#post3190699

I remember the pet being laughably weak. I never played Enc to high levels but at level 8 the pet would take like 3-5 rounds of combat from an even con and be dead, it wouldn't solo it while you AFK like it does here.
Last edited by azxten; 10-06-2020 at 12:08 AM..
Closed Thread