Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 02:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Can I change con colors?

It's really hard for me to read the red text, and that makes the world very dangerous if I'm KoS somewhere. Is it possible to change the color of red cons?

Also, is it possible to make fonts bigger?
Old 05-19-2020, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

You can edit text colors in the eqclient.ini file, but you'll have to look up / figure out which "User_##" colors to change.

It's much easier to just change the color / texture of the chat box that those are going to by right clicking it and editing it.

/chatfontsize 0-5 changes font size of chat in game, or I think you can set it as high as 6 - again by editing your eqclient.ini.

-Mcoy
Old 05-19-2020, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can edit text colors in the eqclient.ini file, but you'll have to look up / figure out which "User_##" colors to change.

It's much easier to just change the color / texture of the chat box that those are going to by right clicking it and editing it.

/chatfontsize 0-5 changes font size of chat in game, or I think you can set it as high as 6 - again by editing your eqclient.ini.

-Mcoy
Holy shit thanks, I did not realize I could bump fontsize up, maybe I'm finally getting old but on 1080p the window is just barely too small for me to read easily.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit thanks, I did not realize I could bump fontsize up, maybe I'm finally getting old but on 1080p the window is just barely too small for me to read easily.
Just went from 1080 to 1440 Nd I feel bind AF. /chatfontsize 1-5 to change in game. Have to type it in respective chat window for each windows font to change. I think 3 is default

I'm using /chatfontsize 4 currently
Old 05-19-2020, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you actually change the color of the consider messages that way?
I'd love for that to work! I often can hardly read the dark blue consider.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Just as a side note, most text colors in the game can be changed within the game, on the "Colors" tab of the Options (ALT + O) window.

However, for some odd reason Verant didn't want you changing /con colors, and so you have to use Mcoy's neat trick of editing eqclient.ini.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you actually change the color of the consider messages that way?
I'd love for that to work! I often can hardly read the dark blue consider.
Looks like I was wrong - it's the "TargetIndicator.ini" file that's in your game folder / uifiles / <name of ui you're using > . That has the RGB values for each of the consider types in it. Although, I'm not sure if you're allowed to edit these, or if the client checks these files on startup (especially on green where they force their version of the classic UI).

I find it much easier to just set the background of my chat boxes to black, turn texture on, change alpha to 100% and faded to 50%. I just mouseover the box if there's text I can't read easily and when it darkens back to 100% I can read it fine.

-Mcoy
Old 05-19-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Nope - wrong again. That's for changing the colors of the "target ring" that live uses... Let me keep digging.

-Mcoy
Old 05-19-2020, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Hrm - found this:

http://www.jaburt.com/eq/eqclient.htm

But I don't see consider colors listed...

Think your best bet is to just edit the window color / texture itself to whatever makes the cons easiest for you to see.

Sorry fellas!

-Mcoy
Old 05-20-2020, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Thank you for your effort, mister mcoy!
One would think that changing the consider color would be an easy option. It doesn't give an advantage or change the game in any way.

Toying with the chat box background is a way to make it work I guess. But it takes away from the visible area on the screen. (fade/mouse over being a good compromise)
Closed Thread