Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 12:50 PM
Aviak

I'm curious... what would the optimal raiding scene look like? We did might makes right, trains r fun, GM babysitting and finally created a UN and rotation.

Since it's always "shitty" I'm genuinely curious what would be fair/good/fun/positive look like? Outside of instancing or reduction of population by 75%, I'm not sure what could be done. It's an old nostalgia game and our bads would stomp Furor/Tigole/Thott in knowledge, strategies and execution. So, how do you make most people happy?

I'd like most people to be happy!
Old 06-02-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious... what would the optimal raiding scene look like? We did might makes right, trains r fun, GM babysitting and finally created a UN and rotation.
There's no rotation on the real raid targets, everything rotated (even Maestro and Phinny when you really break down the difficulty) are fast spawning trash from end game zones. The big names, Inny/CT/Draco/Vox/Nag, are all still poopsocked window camping shitfests.

We also know straight from Galach that he proposed a bag limit system to green UN and the idea was roundly rejected by ST.
Last edited by Fammaden; 06-02-2020 at 01:12 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 01:06 PM
Skeleton

The UN took a huge credibility hit by letting DMO in, but it's still the best way to regulate/distribute such limited content among a wide group of players. The alternative of just FFA anarchy is worse for everyone IMO.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Aviak

What’s the bag limit, I’m unfamiliar with it.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Since it's always "shitty" I'm genuinely curious what would be fair/good/fun/positive look like? Outside of instancing or reduction of population by 75%, I'm not sure what could be done. It's an old nostalgia game and our bads would stomp Furor/Tigole/Thott in knowledge, strategies and execution. So, how do you make most people happy?

I'd like most people to be happy!
Get rid of socking. The game is 21 years old and all the fat nerds are still just sitting outside waiting for shit to spawn for 12 hours. Real fun.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcrystals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The UN took a huge credibility hit by letting DMO in, but it's still the best way to regulate/distribute such limited content among a wide group of players. The alternative of just FFA anarchy is worse for everyone IMO.
Why doesn't DMO count? They are a guild of allies and pals. Literally three of them raid regularly with ST and they maintain their DMO tags and they are more competitive than some of the smaller guilds in the UN.

To my knowledge, there is no cross guild tagging going on, and even if there were, would that be bad? I have to assume that there are people in multiple guilds now. It's more likely that there is a Kingdom player in ST than a DMO player. So, what's the problemo, amigo?
Old 06-02-2020, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Is Bladefrenzy a member of the UN?

Does he make up the rules?
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleberry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get rid of socking. The game is 21 years old and all the fat nerds are still just sitting outside waiting for shit to spawn for 12 hours. Real fun.
Are you recommending removing variance from respawn timers, so everyone knows that CT spawns at noon on Tuesday, for example, making it an FTE race for everyone that's available at noon on Tuesday? The last couple of weeks, there has been almost 200 people socking 7 day spawns. They weren't all Seal Team.
Planar Protector

Quote:
What’s the bag limit, I’m unfamiliar with it.
If your guild (presumably ST on green) kills the same raid mob three consecutive spawns in a row, you don't contest for the fourth. Kind of a soft rotation or a compromise. There's still competition on every spawn, the dominating guild still gets to monopolize the majority of content, but once a month the other guys get more of a shot at each target.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Are you recommending removing variance from respawn timers, so everyone knows that CT spawns at noon on Tuesday, for example, making it an FTE race for everyone that's available at noon on Tuesday? The last couple of weeks, there has been almost 200 people socking 7 day spawns. They weren't all Seal Team.
You could also just go the other way, increase the spawn rates and lock people out of getting loot from that mob for a week.
Closed Thread