Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids and wizards, especially wizards, are nearly useless in deep dungeon groups anyways. Besides, your average grouper doesn't have an OT hammer.
This, also, is a product of the game being around a long time. The absolutely ridiculous gear that everyone has makes deep dungeon groups nearly trivial. Imagine doing it with armor with 40% less AC and weapons with 40% less DPS. Believe me, going into, say, disco in Seb in 2000 was absolutely not trivial, it was a hair's breadth from disaster every time. A wizard, or druid then didn't rely nearly as heavily on gear as melee classes and enchanter was a relatively rare class (no one really knew what an enchanter could do at launch, they didn't really come into their own until Kunark).

You took a wizard for DPS, and/or a druid for snare, or either for the inevitable evac that happened once or twice a night.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Don't forget the ubiquitous epic cleric parked at every dungeon zone-in...
Old 04-26-2018, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe me, going into, say, disco in Seb in 2000 was absolutely not trivial, it was a hair's breadth from disaster every time.

You took a wizard for DPS, and/or a druid for snare, or either for the inevitable evac that happened once or twice a night.

I know. I was there too.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So if i have a friend (i have no friends) that can charm and a jade, I can have one of these mallets for myself?

Are these services bought and sold?
Old 05-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbybenson24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if i have a friend (i have no friends) that can charm and a jade, I can have one of these mallets for myself?

Are these services bought and sold?
You have to charm it yourself. someone else charming is not high enough faction.

Yes people sell this service by loaning your their puppet strings to charm the npc and get your hammer in exchange for platinum.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=83622
Old 05-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone selling these services? No one associated with the linked thread will respond to PMs.

WTB OT Hammer x2
Old 05-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not classic in that back in the velious/kunark era it was far from common. I remember getting groups with my druid because people needed evacs out of dungeons.
I remember faction being "broken" on Live. A paladin friend killed VS so many times his faction "rolled over" and he was able to do the quest.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbybenson24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone selling these services? No one associated with the linked thread will respond to PMs.

WTB OT Hammer x2
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=292210
Old 05-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Kobold

I would have done it questing cause im cheap, but my evil warrior was loved in FV and hated in OT after dungeoning in Kunark. Go figure.
Closed Thread