Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that Kunark is out for awhile, how feasible is this build in the high level dungeons crawling with undead?
You can do some ok DPS if you have Annie orb or undead legions staff. You can't really tank. If you get a bunch of Velious BiS gear with crazy AC/HP, maybe you could think about meleeing solo, but right now the available gear gives you like 650 AC buffed and 1300 HP or something like that, with 75 dodge and no parry. Not gonna cut it in any high-level dungeon.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

surprise surprise the classic-only build is classic-only
Old 12-17-2020, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that Kunark is out for awhile, how feasible is this build in the high level dungeons crawling with undead?
I'm 56 now, and still goin strong.

I can solo bears in the permafrost bear pits by tanking them and pet meleeing. Then pulling back to let pet take some hits before going in when it gets half life again (so we trade off recovering hps). But less work is just root rotting things really since splurt is soooo efficient / safe).

Tanking straight up in a group for high things isn't the best idea though with mobs that are hitting 120+ unless there is someone to slow. I mean, you can do it, but it just drains the mana so isn't that efficient for chain pulls.

But if you have a shaman or enchanter, can tank all day long without resting (I have duoed in bear pits with both, and also city of mist).

Otherwise teaming up with a better mitigating tank can be a good idea, and then using heals on them while meleeing with them. I also duoed in bear pits with a monk and I was able to keep him healed fine while we both dished out damage.

As normal, my DPS is way above anyone elses when you combine mine + pets DPS. 70-100 dps is normal. But a hasted enchanter pet in chardok or something will go higher (unhasted won't be higher dps)..... just my experience is that hasted high DPS pets that can go past my DPS also bring a HUGEEE risk to the team.

Sebilis and chardok i've had enchanters get splatted by their pets too many times that then went on to really cause problems and recovery for the team.

I'd MUUUCHHHH rather have a bone knight or mage DPSing than dealing with that. Just from all my parses, it isn't high enough DPS to really warrant the extra deaths.

For bone knight, I think the biggest problem is lower HPs. But with some cleric buffs that isn't much of a problem anymore.

Yup yup, overall bone knight is holding up pretty good. Top DPSer, that can heal, and duos bananas good with shamans and enchanters and beefier tanks.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

You wanna be a caster and face tank stuff?

Pro Tip: Roll a Shaman 8)
Old 12-17-2020, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can solo bears in the permafrost bear pits by tanking them and pet meleeing. Then pulling back to let pet take some hits before going in when it gets half life again (so we trade off recovering hps). But less work is just root rotting things really since splurt is soooo efficient / safe).

Tanking straight up in a group for high things isn't the best idea though with mobs that are hitting 120+ unless there is someone to slow. I mean, you can do it, but it just drains the mana so isn't that efficient for chain pulls.

But if you have a shaman or enchanter, can tank all day long without resting (I have duoed in bear pits with both, and also city of mist).

Otherwise teaming up with a better mitigating tank can be a good idea, and then using heals on them while meleeing with them. I also duoed in bear pits with a monk and I was able to keep him healed fine while we both dished out damage.

As normal, my DPS is way above anyone elses when you combine mine + pets DPS. 70-100 dps is normal. But a hasted enchanter pet in chardok or something will go higher (unhasted won't be higher dps)..... just my experience is that hasted high DPS pets that can go past my DPS also bring a HUGEEE risk to the team.

Sebilis and chardok i've had enchanters get splatted by their pets too many times that then went on to really cause problems and recovery for the team.

I'd MUUUCHHHH rather have a bone knight or mage DPSing than dealing with that. Just from all my parses, it isn't high enough DPS to really warrant the extra deaths.

For bone knight, I think the biggest problem is lower HPs. But with some cleric buffs that isn't much of a problem anymore.

Yup yup, overall bone knight is holding up pretty good. Top DPSer, that can heal, and duos bananas good with shamans and enchanters and beefier tanks.
I wonder how much dps mages tend to do from nukes & ds. I grouped with a mage in chardok and their focused max summon 55 water pet was doing 55ish dps*, which I thought was impressive. In my experience when considered from a class balance or build choice angle there is a bias of damage parsing towards the person parsing -- when I am parsing I have quick feedback to keep my dps where I expect it to be, and sometimes will go to extra lengths to maximize my damage.

I think when choosing a charm pet it's important to reflect not only on the risks the pet increases and reduces, but also on the costs of failure. When a failure is going to be a long corpse recovery for a full group, you have to have a lower risk tolerance than when you are soloing near a zone line frequented by clerics. I've found that charm pets are a significant net benefit to groups, speaking as an enchanter[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm tempted to roll a necro some day, it looks fun.

*My parser currently only shows dps for the latest fight, so that's a very rough estimate.
Last edited by Vivitron; 12-17-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Old 12-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Banned

The Ultimate Guide to Unemployed Knights!
Old 12-17-2020, 08:26 PM
Banned

Bone= xanax bone

get it?

drugs and online gaming = boneknight !
Old 12-17-2020, 09:32 PM
Banned

i bet he has fun when he plays while u guys r on here just shit posting.

grow up guys jeeeez.

bwahahah
Old 12-17-2020, 10:41 PM
Banned

i have fun playing my necro too dood
points and laughs
Old 12-17-2020, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would duo my chanter with ya and roll a max hasted sword pet + melee with you. These guys don't know shit.
Closed Thread