Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For everyone else it is a viable option that is slightly worse than other options.
Not quite. For example, I don't think mages really have the kit to be able to pull something like this off at all, in either the solo or the "raid dps" aspect.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Okay maybe not mages.

My point was that in generally this strategy is not an improvement over the strategies that most people use.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:46 PM
Aviak

I appreciate the creativity of it. However, necros and chanters really don’t need to get cute with builds. Pretty damn powerful classes as-is. I can understand wanting to do something different though for funsies.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like Enchanters might be better at this, with Rune, Bedlam, Werewolf illusion, slows, haste, and stuns for survivability and aggro, plus tash for fast pulls, and animation auto-engage.

I'll let you know. I was already planning this before I even saw your post.

I like where your head's at.
I was talkins to someone else about that lately too! I think it could work pretty good, using a real rune under the smaller one as a buffer (since it costs money to use).

Combined with a slow, would be pretty strong.

The only problem is they wouldn't be able to get much mana back while fighting. Necromancers have lich form that let them keep up great with mana without ever medding.

The other build I really wana try some day is a battle druid. I think they could be built SUPER tanky actually.

But also, for all the naysayers, bone knighting is actually SUPER powerful over a normal necromancer build. The DPS is higher and survivability is higher.

Necromancer was already bananas....

But bone knights are bonenanas!!!!
Old 12-19-2020, 12:06 PM
Banned

drugs and unemployment
Old 12-19-2020, 12:54 PM
Banned

Enchanter with slow and charmed rogue pet fighting casters for ToT would be ridiculous DPS with RoA. And fairly easy to maintain mana. Once the hole comes out could be extremely viable in that zone.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Staff of Undead Legions is the Bone Knight Epic Weapon
https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_undead_legions

WTS, PST
Old 12-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was talkins to someone else about that lately too! I think it could work pretty good, using a real rune under the smaller one as a buffer (since it costs money to use).

Combined with a slow, would be pretty strong.

The only problem is they wouldn't be able to get much mana back while fighting. Necromancers have lich form that let them keep up great with mana without ever medding.

The other build I really wana try some day is a battle druid. I think they could be built SUPER tanky actually.

But also, for all the naysayers, bone knighting is actually SUPER powerful over a normal necromancer build. The DPS is higher and survivability is higher.

Necromancer was already bananas....

But bone knights are bonenanas!!!!

Theft of Thought and Clarity II! Rarely run out of mana, unless you're fighting no casters whatsoever. But you can always duel someone in group who isn't using much mana. Shaman is a good target.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-24-2020, 10:56 PM
Large Bat

So is this an actual thing, or a troll? Are there any nonstanderd/unintended class builds that work? I've never heard of anything like this.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:48 PM
Aviak

mid-level meme. not viable at all for optimal grinding at higher level and even less so for challenging boss type fights. just a pipedream from a deranged gnome
Closed Thread