Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-25-2022, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Underpowered at what?

Everything...? Sorta rangers. They can snare stuff all day tho.

Wizards aren't terrible ppl just don't understand the class real well or have any decent clickies.

Rogues and wars... tough to solo...without 250k in gear.

Druids at healing.
If you need clickies to make the class decent then it's a bad class
Old 04-25-2022, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a poor question because there are too many categories of playing the game where the answer will be different. solo, small group, large/full group, small raid, big raid.
That's why you look at the overall picture and try to determine which class has the lowest overall effectiveness across all the categories

Druid solo: Okay via quadding. Still gets outclassed by several of the better solo classes. Can't effectively solo in dungeons/named mobs outside of super niche situations with animal charm

Druid group of any size: Bad. Last resort healer at best

Druid raid of any size: Bad. Last resort spot healer with 1 useful buff and 1 debuff

I don't think any other class is OVERALL as weak as a druid is. The whole "jack of all trades" argument is cute and all but in practice it just leaves you with a class that's crap at multiple things and good at nothing.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you need clickies to make the class decent then it's a bad class
TIL all classes without sow are bad.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard Epic is also BiS by far for them, never need to use another instrument. Even if it's a little less optimal, I would just twist with the 1.8 SSS permanently glued in my hand forever. Save bag space, save hotkeys and simplify play.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel like its design was inspired by the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time. Has a very similar looking hilt with a broadened blade that narrows at the crossguard, and even a gem at the point of contact.
Epic is good but even the laziest are not going to settle for 1.8 runspeed or downtime regen.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic is good but even the laziest are not going to settle for 1.8 runspeed or downtime regen.
I’m a whole other breed of lazy. I’ll camp a single mob with no risk of aggroing adds, kill it, sit my ass down for 6 minutes and play another game or do some chores until it respawns. All day.

It’s why I love Paineel guards so much. Safe, risk free leveling with good, consistent coin.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a ranger guy at heart

But I'd say they're the worst class, all around. Mostly because their dungeon crawling ability is so weak, and on this server a bard with elitespeed song is basically a better tracker, sorta.

On live the ranger track list was dead nuts perfect and hyper range and really put bard and druid to shame outdoors, but it seems always kinda funny here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a ranger guy at heart

But I'd say they're the worst class, all around.
No way! Rangers have archery!! Which is a huuugeee advantage over other hybrids / melees.

It basically lets them solo efficiently whenever they want, and kill higher targets (such as sand giants) for money.... meaning they can also farm up cash if they want to.

Sure a warrior "can" use archery, and alone it's pretty effective.... but rangers being able to use spells also means they can dish out some good damage at range (which makes exping that way effective).

If I were playing a melee or hybrid and soloing was one of my big criteria, it's an easy choice to go for ranger. SK's are also good (and can do "shadow archer" stuff, using their pets as extra dot damage).... but rangers are just kings at it. Even more since they have track and can dominate outdoor zones finding exactly the targets they need to level effectively.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/Melody for the love of god Rogean
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2022, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
neither are item links

people piss and moan and bitch and cry about non-classic features, or when they get removed

but

nobody

ever

says

jack

shit

about

ITEM LINKS
Old 04-25-2022, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair on item links, it is possible they are simply too difficult to remove. Rogean doesn't have access to the client source code, so some changes are going to be extremely difficult to implement, and probably not worth the trouble. Based on the changes they made to the UI over the years, I am pretty sure they would have removed them if they could.
so they would just make some other change, like one that prevented a link from appearing in the text bar when you clicked the item icon in the item window. They've fucked us out of enough QOL features, they would figure out a way to prevent item links if they wanted to

care to take a shot at Rogue "shroud of stealth"?

Rogues on P99 move undetected by virtually everything, this was a luclin AA called shroud of stealth.

prior to that, Rogues basically just had an invis ability and some other mobs that see invis were flagged to ignore hidden rogues.

but buff timers, no, no you can't have buff timers.

smh ffs
Last edited by Trexller; 04-25-2022 at 06:12 PM..