Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Default Hafling Cleric Guide

Can any one link me a guide to p99 clerics. Any specifics fora Hafling cleric? Thanks
Old 12-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Wiki is your friend. http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

I gave up wasting a lot of time doing quests on here, not too many great ones and the time you invest you could be many levels ahead and have plat to buy probably better stuff than the things you could ever get in low level quests.

I have a Halfling on Red only because of the faster XP. I mean on Red I did quests because I was totally broke but a Cleric really unless you want to be a Battle Cleric, which by the way sort of sucks, does not really need much gear. Having 10,000 mana is great but even with that you run out and then you have to med for 45 minutes to get that back. So why have it. Group breaks up by then. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Gear on a Cleric is way overrated unless you are the head healer in TMO which about 3 people playing on P1999 will EVER be.

I have played a Cleric in some form since 1999. Having lots of mana I think is more a curse rather than a Blessing. Gives pullers, tanks a little breathing room to chill out a bit other than just go go go. That gets old quick. YMMV. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

There's a bunch on the wiki
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure
The one with the heal chart was pretty good I think.

As for halfling specific, id reccomend keeping hide/sneak on your hot bar and binding them somewhere you'll use em easily. My own has "E" as hide, "F" as sneak.. And unrelated but "R" as sense heading.. Do what you want, but I mean you're rolling a halfling, try to integrate those abilities into your playstyle and you'll shine over the other cleric races
Old 12-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

This isn't specific to halfings or clerics, but if you just want to find places to solo that are appropriate to your level you might want to check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide.

It already has a couple of undead-only spots like Kaesora and the undead fort in Burning Woods that are perfect for clerics, but clearly it could use some more. If you find any please feel free to add them to the guide (or post them back here, or PM them to me and I'll add them).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Kobold

Thanks guys. I actually played a Hafling cleric on live years ago back on Xev. But being the last character I actually played and up the mid 80's, she was PLed with my mage alt at the time so I didn't have the luxury of doing it the hard way. I started playing just before kunark but didn't get serious on a main till many expansions later so I missed out on classic and Kunark details. Now that I have the opertunity to enjoy it this way, I wanted to actually enjoy the journey. Pling takes a lot of that discovery away =).
Old 12-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Kobold

And you can't believe how stupid I feel now for having a cleric as high a lvl as i did and didn't know the optional use of buff spells to heal over healing spells. This stuff comes from playing a cleric through from start to finish, learning along the way at a natural pace over pling through the learning phase. Like Daring at 19 heals for 15 points more than healing at 14 for the same mana and .5 less casting time. <slaps head>
Old 12-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a bunch on the wiki
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure
The one with the heal chart was pretty good I think.

As for halfling specific, id reccomend keeping hide/sneak on your hot bar and binding them somewhere you'll use em easily. My own has "E" as hide, "F" as sneak.. And unrelated but "R" as sense heading.. Do what you want, but I mean you're rolling a halfling, try to integrate those abilities into your playstyle and you'll shine over the other cleric races
I understand the use of Hide but you have to con something to make sure it worked and sneaking as a rogue. A rogue can Hide and sneak at the same time and stay hidden but no other class. So whats the point of sneak if your not hidden? Does it somehow lower your agro/threat lvl while your moving slow?
Old 12-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand the use of Hide but you have to con something to make sure it worked and sneaking as a rogue. A rogue can Hide and sneak at the same time and stay hidden but no other class. So whats the point of sneak if your not hidden? Does it somehow lower your agro/threat lvl while your moving slow?
Sneak is an amazing skill. Not so great for clerics, but basically, the usage for any class capable of ranged attacks is this: if you're sneaking and you use a ranged attack (bow or thrown weapon) to aggro a monster, no other monsters that have their backs turned to you will aggro, even if they are right next to the one you're pulling. So, sneak pulling is an incredibly powerful way to split a lot of camps.

And if you're trying to just get around somewhere, sometimes you can get by a monster with Sneak - if it has its back turned to you, it can't see you, regardless of see invis or what-have-you.

Another use is for handing in quests to hostile NPCs (since you con indifferent with Sneak and they generally don't turn to you when you hand the items in), and for selling to merchants who are hostile (or even getting better prices from merchants who are apprehensive, since again, Sneak makes you indifferent con). You can even use it for banking with hostile NPCs, although I think you may need to be careful and hide behind a wall for this to work.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-12-2014, 02:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sneak makes you invisible (to undead as well, i believe) if you are behind them
Old 12-12-2014, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

If you don't have see invis you can /target (own name) to see if hide worked. If you don't target yourself you are truly invis.

If you want to sneak pull as a cleric you'll need skipping stones from Swamp of No Hope.

A good cleric trick to pull mobs without them having line of sight to you is to keep casting lull until you get a critical resist. They will then aggro you even though they don't have line of sight.

For expert mode and doing a really hard pull that you can take time over try standing out of sight of the mob and in it's rear facing. Whilst lull is mid cast press your sneak button then 'c' to con. If it cons indiff let the cast finish, if not interrupt. Don't use this as a pulling method for regular xp mobs as it will take way too long!
Last edited by Jimjam; 12-12-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Closed Thread