Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadosh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP me. Sad and lonely again.
So sorry to hear that Nadosh. I hope you can get it squared away.

Please do not take it the wrong way, I am just throwing ideas out to you. When you reinstalled did you try a different directory? I know I had problems way back when I tried installing to the default C:\Program Files\etc and now just use C:\EQ; when I was reinstalling every time I wanted to play, I made a different directory every time.

Either way I hope you get it fixed and can get back to playing.

Zeph
Old 01-16-2024, 01:35 PM
Large Bat

I'll give that a shot when I get a chance, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:08 PM
Large Bat

Update:

Creating a new directory worked... for all of 3 minutes. The game crashed with no error message while I was moving around in the world. At least this time I got in?

I'm starting to wonder if it *IS* resolution-related, as you originally stated Zeph. My game typically automatically would go from being in a windowed state while I selected my servers and characters, to being in a full screen state (with different resolution and gamma settings?) once I actually got into the world. I'm not sure why it would automatically change like that, or how to prevent it from doing so in the future, though...
Old 01-16-2024, 09:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Sounds like you are getting closer, super happy for you.

Those results sound like what I had, too. Unfortunately, the only way I found around it was to uninstall, delete the remaining files, and install again with a new directory.

To try it out, when/if you get back in again, I believe it is Alt+Enter that can take you to a windowed mode, or Alt+o to change the resolution. I found it does not matter my resolution, I can play in fullscreen as long as I don't exit the game while in fullscreen mode. I have not suffered a crash yet, though, so we will see.

Either way, it sounds like progress. I hope you can get it squared away.

Zeph
Old 01-20-2024, 01:20 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I started having this issue today. No fix the internet scouring I have done has worked. No servers appear on the select screen. At a loss for what to do. Also hilarious it happened right after i tried to swap to my cleric to rez someone. rip