Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Null, why can't you just do a basic standard dmg reduction amount per. percentage of resistance player has for that element, example if player has 150 fire resist and is hit with a fire based spell that does normally 600 dmg maybe with resist neg. factor maybe he only get hits for 320 dmg.I don't think any DD spell should be totally resist if player are within 4 lvl of each other, but for blind,snare,and root they should be resisted sometimes depending on resistance a player has, but not 90 percent with maxed resistance.Resistance is for helping a player absorbed the damage not totally defend against it, If you can make it were everyone can understand and see the same effect each time, it will solve alot of your problems.
This player is a troll, hasnt played on beta in weeks.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This player is a troll, hasnt played on beta in weeks.
and you Sir are a complete fool, if you think that.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned

Tamiah is worse than Cozmonaut
Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Fire Giant

Lovely brings the truth

50 Wizard of pure awesomeness nuking a Level 50 druid with the resists

FIRE RESIST: 149
FROST RESIST: 166
MAGIC RESIST: 118

All easy obtainable without raid gear. Especially if you're a Caster and got elemental shield.

The nukes in the tests are

Conflagration: Level 44, Fire nuke, 250 mana, 625 Damage Max
Ice Comet: Level 49, Frost Nuke, 400 mana, 1120 Damage Max
Shock of Lightning: Level 12, Magic nuke, 60 mana, 83 damage Max
Rend: Magic nuke, Level 49,280 mana, 784 Damage Max
Froststorm: Frost Rain, level 44, 312 mana, 250x3 Damage Max

Conflagration

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Way to little damage. Anyone that spends 1-3 days farming lowbie instance gear and Lguk items will get their resists this high.

Ice Comet

Same deal as Conflagration. CR is also the easiest resist to get due to massive amounts of items with High Cold resist. I'll probably have way over 150 1-3 days into level 50 if not earlier. Resists are to powerful imo. The casting time on Ice comet is the highest out of all spells in battle I think. Making it the easiest spell to run out of range from.

Shock of lightning

Still bugged. It suppose to only get partial resists like other Wizard nukes (it was like that during live)

Rend

Target only had 118 MR which is nothing with buffs. Not impressed by the damage here either.

Frostorm

The damage speaks for itself. Nukes and rains are basically useless on anyone that spent a few days farming resist gear.

Conclusion:
Wizards and Druids will pretty much be shit on anyone who put a little effort into farming resist gear. While dot classes like Shamans just have to do 1x Ebolt and a caster goes from 100% to 0%. Doesn't seem to balanced to me. It's basically impossible to get high enough PR to resist any dots as well unless you have DMF and the only class with that are Necros.

After the patch I've actually never resisted a single magic dot, disease or poison dot. I'd love it if someone could to do some tests on dots. But so far not a single resist for me.

Monk/Necro/Shaman for me!!

ALSO IN CAPS: I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO HITTING A SINGLE NUKE FOR MAX DAMAGE ONCE. GG!!!
Last edited by Lovely; 10-31-2011 at 09:18 AM..
Old 10-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tamiah is worse than Cozmonaut
Harrison you completely sucked at Pvp so please return to pve where everyone still hates you..
Old 10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Lovely is very much correct, made the same observation right after v18 patch and I was playing a mage.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lovely brings the truth

50 Wizard of pure awesomeness nuking a Level 50 druid with the resists

FIRE RESIST: 149
FROST RESIST: 166
MAGIC RESIST: 118
The druid you're nuking has only 1 cold resist difference from the graffe parse. You should be nuking him for an average of 330 (44% per nuke) against 167CR but you're currently nuking him for an average of 194 (26% per nuke). You only posted 7 nukes though. Do a bigger sample size of cold nukes against that druid (lower level ones will be fine). Make sure he has 166CR like in the picture.
Last edited by MakeYouMad; 10-31-2011 at 09:43 AM..
Old 10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Banned

168 cr seems hella high, for targets like that in pvp you'll need to dispell heh - a lot of melee will be stacking MR, and have low cr/fr etc and on live I remember people starting with dispells fairly often.

I don't know if it's too low or good compared to classic, but to expect to be able to just unload ice comets on a guy with 168 cr in classic is crazyness.

I think wizards back in the day just knew how to play better IMO - a guy with 118 mr buffed, would just be dispelled and parked while melees rape his shit - and as for 1v1, unless they remove resist modifiers altogether you just shouldn't stand a chance in this situation, sorry.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
168 cr seems hella high
It is, but the 7 ice comets in his screenshot only averaged 26% per nuke against 166CR instead of 44% average per nuke like they should.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Dispelling outdoors is pretty much useless unless you're a Enchanter (I'm talking about 1v1 atm). Your enemy can just Jboots and keep buffing himself with a 2nd item or use a spell for 5-15 mana to spam buff himself while the person dispell and waste even more mana (or pp if they use clicker). Only way for a Wizard to kill people is to burn them down. When you don't have any heals, dots, good hp or mana effective spells every long fight will go against your favor. You'll be dead before you manage to dispell their important buffs against most classes.
Closed Thread