Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 PM
Orc

Default Soloing shaman at 51

So Im kinda bored with grouping as a buffbot and need to start amassing the fortune it will take to get torpor and a fungi. I have been killing HGs in Rathe Mountains, its decent coin and some pvp (on red) and even gives a tiny bit of xp, but there has to be better. I'd like to find a nice dungeon camp that I can camp out and clear with the hopes of getting some good marketable gear and some positive xp (no matter how small).

Can anyone suggest any good solo camps for my 51 shaman to get drops and/or make some plats? Was thinking assassin camp in Lguk but not sure if I could break it solo... Any tips? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Kobold

To just exp quickly to 54 you could do nobles + Isabella + the 2 bards in High Keep. Could probably go to 55 but would be excruciating. From there you could possible solo disco bugs, not sure. But ya I would focus on levelling and than you can solo all the cool stuff. I know it’s not what you want to hear but I think that’s your best bet.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Hit 54/55 and put together howling stones duo/trios or whatever and grab a �� sock, and no matter what don’t let raids distract you from xp because investing time into raiding pre-level 60 is a trap.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To just exp quickly to 54 you could do nobles + Isabella + the 2 bards in High Keep. Could probably go to 55 but would be excruciating. From there you could possible solo disco bugs, not sure. But ya I would focus on levelling and than you can solo all the cool stuff. I know it’s not what you want to hear but I think that’s your best bet.
Ahh I remember the nobles from back on live. Remember it being fast. I might check that out and get a few more levels. Thanks.

Do you think 51 is too soon to try soloing Assassin/Supplier room in LGuk?
Old 07-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozer Dispozer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh I remember the nobles from back on live. Remember it being fast. I might check that out and get a few more levels. Thanks.

Do you think 51 is too soon to try soloing Assassin/Supplier room in LGuk?
Depends on your gear, but I think you would be ok. I assume at 51 you've acquired a fair amount of hp mana gear. The room isn't terribly difficult, but there can be a lot of adds down and close to the bridge area. Adds in guk tend to bring more adds lol. I haven't been lucky enough to have a TBB drop, but maybe you'll luck out.

Frost giants in everfrost can be pretty good for PP. they tend to be camped quite often, but if they aren't and you can manage all 3, you'll be doing wrll
Old 07-31-2018, 10:24 PM
Kobold

You can for sure handle ass/sup as a 51 shammy, but I think you will get bored quickly and I wouldn’t think of it as a good money making camp.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Kobold

There's always Everfrost Ice Giants as well. They money (in terms of toes/worts) isn't what it used to be, but it's still a decent enough camp in that level range.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

You're never going to make good exp or money solo if you have no epic or fungi, really should just stick out the grp grind
Old 08-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozer Dispozer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Im kinda bored with grouping as a buffbot and need to start amassing the fortune it will take to get torpor and a fungi. I have been killing HGs in Rathe Mountains, its decent coin and some pvp (on red) and even gives a tiny bit of xp, but there has to be better.
You're planning to do it wrong (or at least the less efficient way). Look, I realize grinding XP can get tedious, but the simple fact is that a level 60 Shaman (even without epic/torpor/fungi) can earn plat soooo much faster than a level 51 can. So this leaves you with two options:
  1. Focus on earning plat for a fungi, at the much slower rate; in a year from now when you've finally saved up enough to buy one, you'll increase your leveling rate by 10%
  2. Level to 60 with the gear you have now, earn plat twice as quickly and buy a fungi ... or just start King groups in Sebilis and get one yourself

However, with that being said, if you want to do things the slow way and earn plat before 60, check out the wiki's Treasure Hunting Guide (link in my signature): it has tons of ideas for ways to earn plat.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Orc

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah the age old "efficiency" argument. Have heard it from many friends over the years in EQ: most of them have gotten bored and quit the game immediately upon getting wherever it was they were going. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm just looking for some fun stuff to do even if it means never getting maxed out. If I play for a couple of hours and enjoy it, I don't see anything wrong with that. The treasure hunting guide is excellent. Tried soloing Droga the other day, and it was a blast and a challenge (stun immunity saved me from a CR)

But yeah, I see your point that soloing at this point isn't very productive. I will just group with shaman for now. For the solo dungeon crawl itch, luckily I have an enchanter and she gets the job done really well without having to invest 100k upfront.
Closed Thread