Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 12:35 PM
Aviak

I think the server population wise is classic. Unlike live however they kept opening new servers opening the pressure relief valve. Lots of eq players experienced servers with non maxed out servers.

Here however if we tried that wouldn't have that critical level of players to keep all level ranges healthy. Once kunark drops 2500 pop will be perfectly fine on one server.

Downside is all 40+ content is overcrowded until kunark releases. Wait your turn for a rep, roll an alt or quit till later. Everyone I know has shelved the game till later. No point complaining about it. Dev's are doing an amazing job. The trolls are not wrong, if your not enjoying your time just quit.
Last edited by slayith; 01-23-2020 at 12:40 PM..
Old 01-23-2020, 03:17 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny, I felt the exact opposite: on Teal I never lacked people to group with when I wanted to, and never failed to have competition for good solo spots when I wanted to solo ... just not too much.

Take the South Karana gnoll spires: even at 8AM on a weekday every spire (and the extra spawn) was usually taken. Heck, Splitpaw itself (or at least the first six mobs, which is virtually all anyone does) was usually taken, and that zone is almost permanently empty on Blue. But if I got lucky or hung around long enough, eventually someone would go turn in scrolls, and I could get a gnoll spawn.

Or take the JBoots list: I stayed in Najena for a few weeks, and almost never saw less than five people on it. But five was a doable number: a normal person could sit there all day and get the item. I could keep going, but ... my point isn't to say you're wrong.

Rather, I'm trying to suggest that servers are big places, and different people have different subjective definitions of what "over-" and "under-" populated means, which depends not just on whether they solo or group, and where, but also their personal preference.

To me, Teal was the best server Project 1999 has ever created. I never once felt it was empty (except perhaps empty of the Seal Team crowd, which of course was a pro and not a con), and I had a blast the entire time I played on it ... which quite honestly I didn't expect.

I'm still mourning it's loss ... but I say all that not to argue with you or anyone else, just to provide a counter point.
I agree 100%. The merge was a mistake. Teal was NEVER a ghost town, it was still difficult to find groups and camps, but it was doable. Now, I log in and spend the whole day LFG, I can't find any cash camps. Honestly, it was a terrible decision, and the complete lack of transparency as to why was a mistake. I appreciate the P99 staff for all they do and making a great game, but that doesn't mean a bad decision is not a bad decision.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, the sad realization is now if I want to play I have to play it has to be a low level newb character. It is not my mid-level cleric that I have been working towards leveling. Teal had a comfortable pace. Weekends and peak times was much harder to find groups, but other times there would be good options, comfortable less-stressed environment. Now you have all overcrowded spaces, more aggressive people, and a strained environment. That just completely deflates the experience and desire to even play.

Not ALL of us have their entire playing evening or period as part of a massive LFG group. I have not been able to get a group with my main since the merger... and at 1100-1200 at that peak time... it is just not going to happen often, if at all.

They split servers original live release when they were running into this type of problem. They seen the issue that was under planned on available content capacity so they fixed it. This move has been the opposite of that was. Calling it "classic" under the fact that server populations and content balance was an oversight in the original "go-live" to the point that they had to have countermeasures implemented to combat it is just plain silly.

In the end... this is just a couch session to fall on deaf ears. I certainly appreciate the work that the team goes through to provide this to all of us long time fans of the original game, but this just does not seem like one of the finest hours in decision making.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:24 PM
Skeleton

https://youtu.be/Q38Q7l10XH4 Bring Back Teal Please So People can Actually Get The Legacy Items before you yank them away!
Old 01-23-2020, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoThaFive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/Q38Q7l10XH4 Bring Back Teal Please So People can Actually Get The Legacy Items before you yank them away!
You can still get them, just be prepared to wait 60+ hours.

Why exactly did you link a YouTube video of you fighting a spider for 15 minutes?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:43 PM
Large Rat

Default Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Swirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you cant get a group make one, multiple threads about trains in solb and guk indicate plenty of monsters to kill.
Oh thank you god! You found the solution! Thank You Thank You.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can still get them, just be prepared to wait 60+ hours.
I love how "just stay awake for 60+ hours" is thrown around like it's no big deal here ... as if it didn't require consuming an unhealthy amount of stimulants, or the sharing of one account between two people.

Not picking on you in particular Smelly, it's just ... the fact that this isn't like some crazy fact to everyone, that it's just no big deal in everyone's conversation ... that itself is a bit crazy to me.

P.S. I should note that making people stay awake to get precious loot has a long history on P99, going back to the earliest days of raiding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://wiki.project1999.com/Raid_History#Initial_Raid_Ruleset
The first raid force with fifteen active players present and "camping" the target was guaranteed it ... as long as they kept 15 non-AFK campers present.

This resulted in three days straight of 15+ players sitting semi-afk at raid targets. For example, both guilds would have players sitting in Fear waiting for Draco to spawn, calling out AFK checks to ensure the other side was present.
Maybe that's why it's so blasé here?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-23-2020 at 04:51 PM..
Old 01-23-2020, 04:59 PM
Kobold

I have to agree with loramin. This nonchalant attitude towards 70 hour camps is borderline mentally unstable. I managed to get a guise after camping for 16 hours on my day off and I was completely drained and I'm pretty sure it wasnt worth it. Proceeding like this for 54 more hours consecutive is not safe or healthy. I understand account sharing but then you are saying you HAVE to account share to get these items and that is also just stupid. Oh well. It is what it is I guess, but if you're willing to stay up for 70 hours to get legendary pixels in a 20 year old game on a private server then you might need to get evaluated by a professional.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandosound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the sad realization is now if I want to play I have to play it has to be a low level newb character. It is not my mid-level cleric that I have been working towards leveling. Teal had a comfortable pace. Weekends and peak times was much harder to find groups, but other times there would be good options, comfortable less-stressed environment. Now you have all overcrowded spaces, more aggressive people, and a strained environment. That just completely deflates the experience and desire to even play.

Not ALL of us have their entire playing evening or period as part of a massive LFG group. I have not been able to get a group with my main since the merger... and at 1100-1200 at that peak time... it is just not going to happen often, if at all.

They split servers original live release when they were running into this type of problem. They seen the issue that was under planned on available content capacity so they fixed it. This move has been the opposite of that was. Calling it "classic" under the fact that server populations and content balance was an oversight in the original "go-live" to the point that they had to have countermeasures implemented to combat it is just plain silly.

In the end... this is just a couch session to fall on deaf ears. I certainly appreciate the work that the team goes through to provide this to all of us long time fans of the original game, but this just does not seem like one of the finest hours in decision making.
Leave the high ZEM zones and the issue goes away. If you want to XP in the most popular, high ZEM zones, then be prepared to wait
Old 01-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is what it is I guess, but if you're willing to stay up for 70 hours to get legendary pixels in a 20 year old game on a private server then you might need to get evaluated by a professional.
I don't understand why comments like this are necessary. While I wouldn't personally do the camp for that long, why do you care so much if someone else does? Who gives a flying you know what if that's what someone wants to do, as stupid as it may be
Closed Thread