Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

No one respects Pyjzn as a camp

Theres 1-5 people running around at each spawn point every night regardless who killed the PH.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if you are familiar with how quillmane works but the ph's that spawn quillmane are nowhere near the spawn locations. Basically there are 2 place holders that spawn near aviak village, and killing those can spawn quillmane at any of his locations, one quillmane spawns near aviaks, one in the far north east near the centaurs and another one by hermits, all spawned by the 2 place holders near aviaks
He knows how it works, just didn't phrase it right because he said PHs instead of spawn locations. He means you need a 1 guy to clear the PH and 3 to sit on the spawn points.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This goes for same in oasis at specs?
Specs in Oasis and OOT have always been considered a single camp. If you want to muscle in and force a share, the GMs will back you up but realize you're the guy going against custom and tradition.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a static spawn? That's not true.

If someone is camping a single static spawn, they definitely get more than 10 seconds before it's FTE. They have to be "actively" clearing it...which means they have time to med up, for instance, so long as they are going to kill the mob once they have sufficient mana. They can't go afk or just sit there refusing to kill the mob obviously or they lose the camp, but 10 seconds? That's just not true.
I wouldn't go quite as far as "That's just not true." I think you're mostly correct, but ...

The staff has never defined specific times for these things, only that they be "reasonable", and again this goes back to not having a bible of rules. Most of the time, yes, absolutely, 10 seconds won't be "reasonable" ... but imagine you're on Blue doing Hill Giants. There's a whole mess of HGs running around, but you want to be a rules lawyer and claim a single spawn point (it's your right to do so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), resulting in you picking fights with anyone that tries to take the giant from that spawn point.

Well in that particular case, 10 seconds might actually be reasonable: if you don't grab it fast, the giant from that point quickly becomes indistinguishable from any other giant, at least to anyone else. If you don't grab it quick, it's less about you camping a spawn point, and more about you letting a time bomb run around, and then when anyone tries to touch "your" time bomb you start a completely unnecessary fight.

The whole point of the rules is to avoid fights, not create them, and (I imagine) the whole point of not specifying a time is so that, in weird situations like that, the staff can say "no you have to engage your giant before they run off and start partying with the other giants" ... without our rules lawyer player saying "but I have two minutes to engage my mob, it says so in the rules!"

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-24-2020 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-24-2020, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Should make the rule in outdoor zones that you have as much time as it takes for the mob to start pathing, which could be anywhere from half a second to a few minuets depending on the creature.

Would be relatively straightforward to lawyer and most mobs path away at a average rate except for a few and for those just be ready on time!

And for the ones that dont path, congrats those are the most chill outdoor spawns to camp :P
Old 01-24-2020, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Specs in Oasis and OOT have always been considered a single camp. If you want to muscle in and force a share, the GMs will back you up but realize you're the guy going against custom and tradition.
Agreed.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

Hah the rules lawyering that always goes on here cracks me up. I remember when I first tried the TLPs I thought the DPS wins, no camps was stupid but in reality 90% of the time people actually were just cool and respected camps. The more rules you have the more people try to twist and distort them to justify dumb things. I dream about a place where people just follow the don’t be a dbag rule but that’s probably non existent...
It’s nice being back here playing. I missed a lot of the things that make p99 better than the pseudo classic on TLPs. Except temporary sky keys..those are just evil.
Last edited by Velerin; 01-25-2020 at 09:40 AM..
Old 01-28-2020, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Can someone give me a tl;dr? Are they FTE or what? Also, are they static spawns (whatever that means?) do they have placeholders?
Old 01-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Kobold

As it is right now they aren't static but have static spawn locations....and ph's aren't in as they should be which is why theres only 7? spawns of them.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As it is right now they aren't static but have static spawn locations....and ph's aren't in as they should be which is why theres only 7? spawns of them.
oh ok.... i don't really understand, but thanks anyways.
Closed Thread