Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Aviak

Red is filled with a bunch of eq bullies, they tend to have more experience, knowledge and gear. Their only goal is to make your characters life a living hell. This is why the red population is so low, nobody wants to deal with the stress and amount of effort it requires to compete. Life goes on.
Last edited by Life617; 05-09-2016 at 08:15 AM..
Old 05-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

God shut up.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

lol
Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Aviak

Attitude is everything here... realize that we have all been there before, the game is not anywhere near perfect in terms of mechanics.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Large Bat

OP, I guess i have had a different experience since joining. I think i have been on the server one full week now. First night i logged in, I joined Thunderdome. I started in Grobb, which means on an already low server, youre basically on leper island.
Some Thunderdome folks promply found me, gave me a few tips and dropped some peridots on my for starting cash.

The first 15 or so level levels were a bit rough because of low pop, and i didnt pick a solo class. At around 12, i started making friends, spamming ooc for groups etc. Since then i have had too much of an issue getting small groups or duo's for xp.

Andain is the fucking newbie savior god and has helped out a TON. Gear, advice, buffs, teleports etc, i hope at some point i can do the same for a new person. If you are frustrated, join TD, life is easier. Large active guild with people of all level ranges.

Make some friends, send some tells, this is an OLD mmo, where sitting on your ass is the regular, so take that time to find people your level.

This might all change 50+ but so far, its been pretty fun, all camps are open down in my level.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life617 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is filled with a bunch of eq bullies, they tend to have more experience, knowledge and gear. Their only goal is to make your characters life a living hell. This is why the red population is so low, nobody wants to deal with the stress and amount of effort it requires to compete. Life goes on.
I've casualled my way from 1-59 on 3 chars.

The whole "bully" thing is vastly overstated.

content is stale, staff support seems at an all-time low, a wipe could be incoming based on current pop, all current content has been beat.. are my reasons to no longer log in

While the hardcore that still cling to the server are the bullies you describe they aren't to be blamed, in fact without them server would struggle to break 20 online I am sure

Its dead any way you look at it pal, doesn't matter who we blame.

Only a wipe can save it now.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think there will be a wipe.

How would that even fix the current situation? Perhaps it would delay it for a few weeks/months.

IF there would be a wipe I hope they lock the server at vanilla... Hell if the population stays small, make the server just Faydwer or something.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Half the server at this point are the permanently dedicated Sullon Zek cats that really only play EQ for the reasons you hate it.

Aside from a very small minority, most guild leaders here have had no desire to shape the server's culture into something inviting, and you'd be best betting on the ones that matter never will.

But, y'know, come on over.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half the server at this point are the permanently dedicated Sullon Zek cats that really only play EQ for the reasons you hate it.

Aside from a very small minority, most guild leaders here have had no desire to shape the server's culture into something inviting, and you'd be best betting on the ones that matter never will.

But, y'know, come on over.
it would only work if enough people came over at once, or those that did persist

how much would it cost to have 100 asians on 24/7?

should Foxconn this, would be like the condemned r99, i'd actually pay for that
Last edited by derpcake; 05-09-2016 at 02:24 PM..
Old 05-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

unban me pls
Closed Thread