Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, didn't mean for my post to lead to some arguments here lol...
Tis the nature of forumquest haha.

Rangers are bad ass, and the epic is fairly easy to get (if you could be talked into casual raiding... cuz it’s a lot of fun). You will be totally happy with your choice don’t look back.

I recommended Shaman, not because they’re awesome solo’ers (they are) but because they make very nice melee classes that are considered super dynamic and fun to play. Some people say Shamans a really hybrids so thought that could be a good alternative for you.

Full disclosure I don’t have a Shammy, I’m a pure melee. I mained a monk on green and a warrior on blue. And a pally and bard on live. It’s for sure a labor of love, but it’s your journey and should 100% chase what you love.

Beat of luck!
Old 01-27-2021, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But in general, do people really think SKs have more down time than Pally? I was killing non-stop on my SK with clarity, and even with out it, I bet they kill faster than Pally, which would balance out any extra medding..
I love sk's and had one on live. My pally was on a shoestring budget for most it's life. No fungi, DW bp, dragon haste etc. It was surprisingly easy with the DW helm alone and a decent 2h just with self buffs.

Solo at 60 is rougher without all the toys, gotta pick your spots or have the patience to whittle down hard targets. Again tho, never played one at 59 with a fungi/dw bp, narandi crown, and TOV weap. I expect it would be similar to a well equipped SK. These days with the ZEM of The Hole a SK would be easy to solo or group depending on schedule.

In general though, a sk with a fungi is super fun. If you dont have a fungi I'd go paladin because by the time life gets tough (45) you have a mana-free heal. Rangers up to 55 w/o a fungi also kinda suck. My general rule of thumb: Do you have a fungi or not?
Old 02-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Many people in this thread seem to be mentioning about the power / ability of Paladins, both soloing and leveling speed.

Are you guys referring to ONLY Paladins on Blue? Like, is it something in Velious that increases the Paladins power dramatically? Because on Green, whenever I /who all paladin, I never more than 10-15 online. So I just assumed a Paladin was one of the weakest classes in the game?
Old 02-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Kobold

I facetanked on my ranger 1-60 in a few months. At 59 I was getting XP at the same rate as my friend in a Hole group. The trick is picking the right mobs, if you can find overcons its a breeze.

I was a mid range twink from 1-56 (I had an exquisite velium 2Her, CoF, a fungi, and then filled my other slots with cheap STR gear and HP gear). Once you get high enough for Swarmcaller to proc, pick one up, it can make soloing go alot faster.

Once I hit 56 it becomes harder to find overcons but they still exist. I paused the toon and started raiding, it took maybe 2-3 months to get a SEoC and a sky cloak. Once you have both epics and a sky cloak you are a one man group with self haste / slow, and the path from 56-60 is pretty straightforward.
Closed Thread