Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Default Bard Charming and that XP

So I think I have this correct but just wanted to confirm.

Lets say I'm charming for xp on my bard. I charm a mob and send it at another. My pet does say 60% of the damage right away to the mob while i am dotting it from a distance. Lets say I do 30% dmg, leaving the mob at a total of 10% health when my pet charm breaks. I now recharm the same pet to finish it off. So now I have done 30% damage and my pet has done 70%.

However, is it correct that when the charm breaks, all the damage it has done previously is forgotten? So now I get full XP because I have done 30% and it has done 10%?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:18 AM
Fire Giant

I don't think that the server is keeping track about previous charm events, that would be strange. So your method should work.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

The server will forget all damage a charmed pet does when it breaks. The server will forget all the damage done to a mob when it is charmed.

Charming on bards is very good experience and low risk to boot. My method was always:

- pull 2 mobs
- charm mob a, send on mob b
- dot up mob b ... keep b targeted
- when charm breaks, charm mob b and send on mob a
- dot up mob a ... keep a targeted
- rinse and repeat until both are low then dot both down

If songs 1-3 are your chant dots and 7 is your charm the keystrokes (and timing if no early breaks) thus look like this:

7 (tab and pet attack) 1 2 3 1 2 7 (tab and pet attack) 1 2 3 1 2 .... etc

High level charm uses a small amount of mana so eventually you’ll run out, but if I had no competition and unlimited pulls available I could usually kill nonstop and quickly with near zero risk for well over an hour before needing to afk for a bit. Even in my high 50s I could drop 10 mobs per ~13 minutes.

Per fight the mobs do most of the damage but at the point where the final charm breaks all that damage is effectively forgotten and the server only counts the final rounds of dots that bring each mob to 0 resulting in full xp.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-12-2018, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, is it correct that when the charm breaks, all the damage it has done previously is forgotten? So now I get full XP because I have done 30% and it has done 10%?
Yes, charm break = memblur and aggro on player who charmed.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 10-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Are you guys sure about the men blur part? Yesterday I was charm soloing in KC on my chanter and a monk decided to hit the target that my charmed pet was killing until
I managed to stop him. When both were around 5% hp I proceeded to nuke down them both but didn’t get any exp from the one that the monk had hit. I’m pretty sure that the monk only hit my pet before I broke charm which made me think that only the damage that the charmed pet has done is blurred when breaking?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, 100% sure.

When a charmed pet breaks, any damage done by it goes into the similar category as a DS damage.

Sounds like you got KS'd by a monk. He only needed to out damage your final nuke.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, 100% sure.

When a charmed pet breaks, any damage done by it goes into the similar category as a DS damage.

Sounds like you got KS'd by a monk. He only needed to out damage your final nuke.
Ah yeah, of course it’s only the charmed pet that gets blurred, the monk hit the uncharmed one so that explains why he got the kill
Closed Thread