Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This relies on two things:

Single pulls + a BnB group where warrior DPS actually matters.

Neither is a recipe for mobs dropping quick, or XP rolling in. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't matter if it matters or not, more DPS is more DPS regardless. For EXP groups, anything helps, raids, well... you leave that to the pets since they're broken.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Kobold

tbh id personally just roll a monk haha.

if u dont wanna be a warrior for being the hands down best tank with low dps
or u want lots of dps as a melee that can still actually take a hell of a good beating(mnk)
or fd id not your favorite god skill or have an obsession for sks for some particular reason

monk actually has a decent ac return after the soft cap, and since they have such high agility to complement ac and super high dodge, they actually do a damn fine job as well as the dps they do.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspauldin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tbh id personally just roll a monk haha.

if u dont wanna be a warrior for being the hands down best tank with low dps
or u want lots of dps as a melee that can still actually take a hell of a good beating(mnk)
or fd id not your favorite god skill or have an obsession for sks for some particular reason

monk actually has a decent ac return after the soft cap, and since they have such high agility to complement ac and super high dodge, they actually do a damn fine job as well as the dps they do.
Not sure why I never was even considering monk. I knew about their awesomeness with shaman buddies, but meh. Maybe I'd make an Iksar one if Kunark were today and not everyone else on the server was making one too... but neither of those is true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone counting on warrior crippling blows is forgetting exactly how hard even karnors trash mobs hit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I guess it all depends on your goals. Just going to be duoing and having fun in the game content. They both have their pro's and con's. Being an ex-warrior, it can be fun to see how many mobs you can hold aggro on. Then again the dps does fail with a warrior when you can't solo Green mobs in DL @ level 60 without some heals lol. I would say Monk/SK, leaning more towards SK. Warriors draw the advatange as MT's in raiding situations. They are pretty helpless on their own =) But everyone wants one, they are like a tall exotic foregin girl who doesn't speak much english.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Kobold

if ur warrior cant solo greens he dont have the right gear hehe. need some heal or rune proc crap and as much ac and agility that you can find. iksar + fungi tunic would work pretty good haha. dont get hit enough to heal inbetween them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

that and weapon swap some dot procs inbetween your heals to get the dps going.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Kobold

I notice the phrase "FD pulling" getting brought up in this thread quite often, and have heard of it in many others. My question is, what good does it do on here? From my experience on here, it is totally moot for breaking up/ splitting camps, as all mobs on here tend to 'stick together', and walk back to their spawn points at the same time. FD pulling only seems to be useful on here for getting rid of any adds in outdoor zones, like DL or OT (Well, they aint open yet, but yea...) but it doesen't work for breaking camps.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

I am talking High end level gear, not level 30 greens, these are like 55+ trash mobs. My warrior was fully geared in Upper Plane Fear( water/fire/earth disease etc.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Fd pulling here requires using walls and corners more than on live.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

a warrior is designed for raids, a shk designed ftw
Closed Thread