Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. I will almost certainly never raid with the character.
Go SK.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotsirb401 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am talking High end level gear, not level 30 greens, these are like 55+ trash mobs. My warrior was fully geared in Upper Plane Fear( water/fire/earth disease etc.
we will never be fighting level 55 greens or have plane of fire/water gear/mobs

atleast for years and years if ever
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspauldin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior is always better than sk imo...

higher base equiped ac soft cap, better gains after soft cap, higher skill levels to complement it. ac is the most useful thing in this game pretty much. more than makes up for some small lifetaps.

only reason for playing a sk would be if u want to fd, which is very useful.

but is 30% less damage mitigation and 40% exp penalty worth fd?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Banned

Get stun procs for monk tank
Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Necro threads for forum pvp achievement boosting!

Fischsemmel ist ein bekannter Troll, /thread.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Well if you like chasing down mobs from ping ponging aggro then start a warrior. No amount of twinking is going to change the fact that warriors are just not as good aggro.

If you want to actually "tank" the mob, and not briefly rely on taunt aggro for all of 1 second then SK is what you want.

I see people rolling warriors all the time thinking they can make it work and it just doesn't. Regardless of hundreds of thousands of plat twinking. It just looks frustrating to me. I'm not saying they aren't useful, because a warrior tank is much better than no tank. However if I am forming a group I would much prefer an SK to a Warrior.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

It's an ancient, necrod thread, dudes. The OP probably doesn't need advice anymore.

That aside, I'm preeettty sure that a warrior twinked with hundreds of thousands of PP is going to hold aggro just fine from 1-60. Lulz.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Was ist los? Der Hund ist los!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an ancient, necrod thread, dudes. The OP probably doesn't need advice anymore.

That aside, I'm preeettty sure that a warrior twinked with hundreds of thousands of PP is going to hold aggro just fine from 1-60. Lulz.
This is not really true. There are no good warrior twink weapons that are comparable to Ragebringer / RFS / Tstaff; all the really good warrior weapons are in Veeshan's Peak and the epic is both much harder and much less mqable than the Rogue/Monk ones. In additional all the weapons with good ratios don't proc until 40-50. So 1-40 you basically use the staff of battle and then at 50+ the vast majority of non-TMO-twink-warriors use the Sarnak Warhammer+Silken Whip (9/20+14/28) which don't compare favorably with an epic monk (9/16+17/28) or rogue (15/25+10/18).

At the really high end warrior aggro is pretty solid. If you are dual-wielding sword of the shissar/red epic (14/24+14/23) and have tons of cobalt and sky gear so your dex is 255 with shaman buffs you'll get a massive aggro proc every 20 seconds. On the other hand my iksar warrior struggled to get 125 dex and basically relied on FD/evade to get aggro. I'm actually thinking about reviving him a bit and giving him a SCD/Wurmslayer or two Bloodpoints and basically telling rogues/monks to handle it themselves.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

If the thread creator still posts, it'd be interesting for him to come back and discuss what decisions he made and how things turned out.

Warriors and Monks both suffer from a lack of initial hate and also from a lack of reliable snap aggro. This can be a considerable nuisance when partnering with a Shaman who may want to malo, slow, and add damage spells to the target monster as quickly as possible. In many cases the Shaman must either take the time and mana to root the target and hope it holds, or simply soak the damage until the warrior/monk starts having procs.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 09-17-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Closed Thread