Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion
Raid rule discussion

And this is just from the last page of the 9 pages that came up on the search.
Search: Raid rules

not to say this has been done before, but it's been done before. let's get back to talking about my place in p99 history.
Omg Ektar. I can't believe you compiled a list of raid rule discussion threads, and omitted the most important one, namely "Glitch's Brand New Raid Rules"

And I quote (me) (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13122)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New raid rule system: Taking by which further less likely either which can

Advantages: The advantage by which futher less likely either which can presents uncertain aspects of more so under decision to understand. The proceeding instance to Free For All which raid spawn rotation or less the specifics where as Raid Boss more definite if as function.

Disadvantage: The disconcern moreso less qualify to whereas afterwhich towards Spawn Variance as users dignify more realistic as per Project1999 can.

Ruleset: Having by which under or even raid guild include variance by which 15 people in zone by less responsible verify to engage the boss. Mobs following which (a) Lord Nagafen which provides full to more engage, problematic as one can to Firegiants as Efreeti Lord Djarn ledge 10 minutes the best can't around real. Specific happens toward protect of most Tumpy Tonic by which most agree. (b) Lady Vox consume as per timer to walk as per less gone. Complete Heal may Permafrost keep as can Prickly Pear lag of AE can 15 people train in zone by which after call to which zerg no one will. (c) a dracoliche to use even by Plane of Fear to think as Abacab could either be look more. Last as charmed hasted planar mobs to specify Nilbog the origin or platinum straight to Cazic Thule Death Touch can engage as GM Favouritism confide as two-box finally as per Quillmane together as <Channel 5 News Team> to by <Inglourious Basterds> can if by either <Dark Ascension> as 15 in zone claim. (d) Cazic-Thule can either top to Rogean want as per the feign death considering total reception as 14 day ban per case-by-case to which rend your mind with Dread, Fright and Terror griefing/trolling can either mean an orc centurion removal of global ooc to under which Hasbinbad can. Self-imposed timeline /roleplay to either abuse Amulet of Necropotence use even go KoS as Ice Comet is cast.
For the purpose of this ruleset, Maestro of Rancor isn't considered a real boss.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome

That being said, I saw this thread earlier today, and waited all day to find a time to read it, and finally at 3:36AM managed to read through all 16 pages. I've gotta tell you, I'm kinda disappointed.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Planar Protector

I do like how this thread has caused some old pals like tibador to come out of the woodwork and say hi again
Old 07-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Sort of fizzled out towards the end here, but good read [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 07-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to hear the story about how that one hawt? girl split up IB... could someone tell that story.
bout time for another story...
Old 07-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

sorry glitch pal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] it must've been on page 1-8 of the search which I didn't go into; just page 9. I do appreciate you correcting my oversight though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. Glad I been missing all this, lol.

Hasbin...you left out SO much! Great read tho, bro.

As much as you guys are gonna hate to hear this, and as much as I once argued so passionately against it...the only thing that's gonna work is

:drum roll

rotation.

The argument is gonna be "there's no competition". Sure. You bet.

Poopsocking will always be the answer because there is NO guild - not one - that can effectively and consistently beat IB/TR on an even playing field, and there has never been a guild that could.

There were a couple in the early days that gave them an honest run for their money, and that was probably the best fun I ever had here. The only problem is that TR would have to give a bit to placate the server. There's a price to pay for being TOO good, fellas.
I would rather suffer the end of IB a thousand times; I would rather die in agony than accept a rotation from you!

but I DO appreciate your reasoning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope someday the raiding scene on P99 will become more like it was on live where there was no spawn variables, no poopsocking or pre-camping, not so many rules, and nearly no GM intervention. As a matter of fact there shouldn't be any rules in regards to raiding. Lost a race? tough deal. Got steamrolled? /deletepetition. Got trained by the competing guild? Sorry I won't accept your video evidence, fraps isn't classic. That would encourage some healthy competition between skillful players and would benefit the growth of the server as not so many people would get burned out by this bullshit. It would also be alot more fun! Until then I think I will just remain guildless and go make a million plat in EC.
it sure as balls wouldn't be healthy. It would be the exact opposite. It would be horrible douchebaggery (which is obv the exact opposite of healthy). I'd backup this argument but rly I feel it unnecessary.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tralina please be my whore.
Fixed.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that this terrible enchanter had any credibility to begin with, but lawl at saying a dev changed content to directly influence raiding for his guild.

You're fucking retarded lmao
I'd like to politely point out that you're wrong. Xzerion has been caught making some less than classic changes to certain zones where his guild was contesting spawns and regularly losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poopsocking will always be the answer because there is NO guild - not one - that can effectively and consistently beat IB/TR on an even playing field, and there has never been a guild that could.
I'll also have to politely disagree on this point as well. IB was forced into a merger because they were getting steamrolled consistently. It wasn't until after the fail merger with Transcendence that they finally got their shit together and started raiding with Darkwind.

True story;

When TMO showed up on the server, about a month after we formed- IB was in such dire straits that they approached us about a merger. They couldn't hang with my insistence on keeping the name and they took that load of fail over to Supreme.

I remember... clear as day what Xzerion said to me before that merger...

"No matter what guild we join it will be the best guild on the server."

And then the reign of Reign ended quite quickly after that.

Moral of the story? Some merges work, some do not, but one day TR will fall, just as IB already did. It's just a matter of time- Velious ain't coming out for a very long time.

The pool of players to absorb on the server is dwindling fast. It's not like people are falling all over themselves to come join the high end game here anymore. The best part is TR is doing it to themselves, the jokes about having GMs/Guides in guild and their insistence on letting no one else on the server have raid mobs without fighting tooth and nail for them isn't exactly attracting many former EQ raiders. With Velious literally 2+ years out, the burnout will come quick and hard after everyone shows up to VP and gets their loots and peaces out.

You're right Hasbinbad, those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loly Taa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to politely point out that you're wrong. Xzerion has been caught making some less than classic changes to certain zones where his guild was contesting spawns and regularly losing.
lol'd at "caught" and you implying that he has a history of it rather than it being one isolated incident where he was mistaken and immediately corrected it
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
NO guild - not one - that can effectively and consistently beat IB/TR on an even playing field

Beat? beat how? the tracking and race to mobs?

DA "beat" them for months before the Darkwind merger. Eventually all guilds will suffer burnout and fall from the top. But it's really nothing special. And I'm not here to promote DA.... I like and have always liked IB as well.... I just state the facts.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

I love how IB getting steamrolled has gone from totally fake propoganda to some sort of fact. There was probably only 1 week where DA got more kills than IB in a given cycle; otherwise we always got the majority (or all). Unless you're counting when we moved to sky and didn't care about the dragons or gods for a while? then ok lol.

I know. I was there. I didn't sleep. I was driven insane by it. Go away. Stop touching me.