Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What's Next for P99?
Green 2.0 : new progression server that eventually merges into Green 1.0 45 24.19%
Purple 99 : VZ/TZ server race based pvp 31 16.67%
Wipe Red99 : peak players is 30 anyways, will increase ms by 0.1 on Green and Blue 18 9.68%
Merge Green 1.0 into Blue 92 49.46%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2022, 04:13 AM
Sarnak

Do you think race based pvp would be less asymetric than Red99?

basically my point is, Red99 was pure grieving, which made it unplayable for the masses which eventually led the server to die

how would a VZ/TZ99 server be any different?
Old 04-21-2022, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not familiar with the race-based rules, only the diety-based rules, but no I don't think it will be much different. It will be griefing on a teams scale instead of guild scale.
Old 04-21-2022, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If pvp was so great there would be more than 20 people on red

Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
drugs
Ok buds, prove me wrong. List some issues other thank 3rd party hacking & obvious bugs that PVP can't seem to fix.

How about this... someone list the top 5 issues that are currently being experienced on Blue / Green.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 04-21-2022, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Wasn't there an RP server named Fironia Vie or something where there wasn't a "common" tongue and you had to learn others languages?
Old 04-21-2022, 10:21 AM
Banned

The extremely small vocal minority of people that actually like EQ PvP are such loudmouths that it almost starts to feel like there's more than 50 of them

But there isn't
Old 04-21-2022, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Given the status / history with Red99 I'd say probability the staff devotes time to another PVP server is extremely low.

However, they have mentioned Classic TLPs are on the menu , and Green 1.0's timeline is soon over.

really curious what they will propose!
Old 04-21-2022, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't there an RP server named Fironia Vie or something where there wasn't a "common" tongue and you had to learn others languages?
Wow languages. Even on non-RP servers I now remember standing there usually in the tunnel while someone spammed their language. It was very early on in vanilla when we thought it would be important to learn ogre and dark elf as a high elf.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow languages. Even on non-RP servers I now remember standing there usually in the tunnel while someone spammed their language. It was very early on in vanilla when we thought it would be important to learn ogre and dark elf as a high elf.
Holy fuck i remember doing this dude.. Just sitting in a group learning languages.. Woooow haha..
Old 04-21-2022, 12:02 PM
Banned

I'd like to see the P99 source code open sourced, so that we can get some devs who want to make the server classic, including raids, charm and spell interrupts.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:06 PM
Banned

To those upset about asymmetrical pvp.

Asymmetrical pvp is fun. If you give the weaker side opportunities to have the same gear/stats/stealth. And still can achieve victories.

Really fun to switch to the smaller side. Hardcoded pvp stats with stat caps at 150 in pvp and maximum 5 lvl range difference on pvp atk/def/resist regardleswould of character lvl would achieve this. Unresistable nukes. And no exp death from mobs. Everyone respawns in full gear. Bind only in melee bindpoints only. Let weaker forces pell raid targets, ks, train, etc.