Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Banned

Default "Help with Mac install/mounting ISO files!"

<19:36:28> "Jazendar": Hey there. So i've dug around every thread there is to get this thing gong. I'm having issues using Daemon. When I downloaded torrent for Titanium, I double click Daemon, it opens CrossOver, doesn't show me where it downloads to. When I attempt to right click the CD files and mount, it again opens CrossOver, not Daemon (because I don't know where Daemon has downloaded to). There just seems like there is a lot going on here, and unfortunately i'm not as savy as I wished I would be. Anyone willing to help get me going, i'll give 200pp too ingame. Ventrilo/Teamspeak would be preferred. I've got a server on both, pm me. Thank you!
Old 10-31-2013, 03:41 AM
Aviak

Unsure what """<19:36:28> "Jazendar": Hey there""" is referring to.

Anyway, the reason you can't run Daemon is because that's a windows tool. The confusion is probably stemming from that being the obvious "exe" file to use, but it's unneeded in your case.

I'm not at all familiar with Mac, but it seems like you should be able to mount the ISO directly using something like:

Code:
sudo mount -o loop disk1.iso /mnt/disk1
In other words, you basically:
  1. create a new directory where you want to mount the ISO
  2. run "sudo mount -o loop /path/to/disk.iso /path/to/dir"

Where "/path/to/disk.iso" represents the full path of the ISO file, and "/path/to/dir" represents the full path of the directory created immediately before running that command. Then you would go to the directory you created and the ISO's files would be in there, from which you can start the setup process using something like "setup.exe" in Wine/CrossOver. You shouldn't need to open the ISO, or Daemon, with CrossOver. Finally, you'll swap out the CDs in the same way, by unmounting the old ISO ("sudo umount /path/to/dir") and then mounting the next disk in the series as above.

PM me if you need more info and I'll do my best to help.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

I think he got the files loaded. When I went to bed last night, he was still struggling with getting the game running.

We really need a Mac guy to become active in support here. I am hardly a PC expert, but I am really lost when it comes to Mac.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Did you even follow the guide to install it in macs? Why are you even trying to mount the discs?
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56238
Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

This guy is in game, and is now a Mac EQ install expert and someone that will now be helping in this forum P~
Old 11-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you even follow the guide to install it in macs? Why are you even trying to mount the discs?
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56238
Man. Some of you computer expert nerds sometimes. Your awkward social skills come out sometimes.

The dude has never mounted discs or anything in his life and never heard of it. He also only used windows most of his life and recently got a mac so hes never really had to learn anything about this sort of stuff on a mac.

I was in his ear telling him he had to mount discs and im a windows user who doesnt know much about this type of stuff with computers.

If some regular people talked to you this way about something you dont know anything about how would you feel? Like how to approach a girl, sports...etc...etc.

Tldr, quit being such a dingleberry
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Someone else had a similar question and seemed to be able to resolve their issue. I believe its right below this one. Here's a link anyway:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=126721

It's my understanding that you do NOT NEED to mount iso's in order to install EQ on a mac. Mac has a command line that allows you to do this without additional software, and attempting to mount an ISO inside Wine will just cause you problems. Follow the Mac setup guide TO THE LETTER and make sure you use the most up to date Wine wrapper available from the thread above, and this should work.

I really can't offer much help with macs, guys. I know 0 about OSX and simply can't provide support for you Mac people

I'd be willing to offer a small pixel package in game to any Mac Genius Bar p99ers who can help out on this board.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior