Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Have you ever considered

Alternative leveling paths? KC is still a shitfest with 4-5 pullers all waiting for something to pull. I imagine Sebilis can be busy enough still that jail is camped and people are sat LFG at the zone in for an hour or more.

If you are the type to take an alternative path, where do you go? Do you ever feel like those alternative areas are overcrowded?

Remember you make more XP in a Velious zone than you do with an LFG tag on waiting for a spot to open in a group <3

Thread inspired by someone mentioning Crystal Caverns, haven't been in there at all yet on P99
Old 01-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Sarnak

Just decided to move my toons over to seb from KC. Been having luck with groups recently, however, the lack of mobs is getting tiresome. I haven't hunted in velks much but from last I was there, it seemed you needed to bring your own group. Is this still the case? I would be interested in finding some 55+ leveling zones where you can put a LFG tag up in because KC is getting a little old.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

That's the thing, a lot of people are Velious geared, and well geared by the time they get to KC/Sebilis...so mobs are dying fast, putting more strain on these zones.

Obviously people can get HS keyed and lead a group in there, the Hole gets kinda slow after 54-55, and Velks is slow as hell on red so I'm sure its no better on blue.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alternative leveling paths? KC is still a shitfest with 4-5 pullers all waiting for something to pull. I imagine Sebilis can be busy enough still that jail is camped and people are sat LFG at the zone in for an hour or more.

If you are the type to take an alternative path, where do you go? Do you ever feel like those alternative areas are overcrowded?

Remember you make more XP in a Velious zone than you do with an LFG tag on waiting for a spot to open in a group <3

Thread inspired by someone mentioning Crystal Caverns, haven't been in there at all yet on P99
Hence my solo videos! I was trying to show a bunch of underutilized spots that are good, fun spots!
Old 01-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Do people not camp the upper dogs with the tents in Velks on the server ?? Remember that being a pretty sweet spot
Old 01-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Kobold

I tried for a few days to get MM groups in my mid/high 20's and often sat for awhile with no group...

Eventually I got fed up and decided to try out Splitpaw, found a good group of people and for a few days straight we basically had the place to ourselves (mostly), got about 8 levels in there in a few days, including powering through 30 in a single day (thanks x-mas bonus!). Also made tons of money as the Gnolls drop lots of Ringmail and FS Weapons, hundreds of PP a day + levels.

I'll probably try to get into Paw for this range from this point forward, its much nicer to have a place to yourself than to sit for hours waiting for a group.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Aviak

During bonus afew of us did some exping in Velks for sure, I stayed there on my ranger for most of the bonus Days, sometimes there was a PUG going. Have had some instances where we build Groups in KC entrance and then take them to either velks or chardok too, its so refreshing being in those underutilized zones.

Did UD (the dogs in tents mentioned) with a great Awakened bard pulling and CCing last week or so, fairly odd class setup Group, was all sorts of fun =)
Old 01-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

During several trips to 60 over the years, I have only visited KC and Seb a few times. I have never done any serious grinding in there. I do like CoM, and I've spent a ton there. Blackburrow, WK, Kedge, Befallen, Splitpaw, TD Spirocs, EK, Highpass, the Guks, FV, WL, Dalnir, Warsliks, LOIO, Kaesora, Eastern & Western wastes, CC.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Go Lower Guk to mid-50s then move to Kedge! LGuk usually has a few solid groups going. Kedge is a bring your own group situation, but it's a ton of fun and the exp is pretty hard to beat.

Velious zones are great too, but if your goal is to level as fast as possible, they're not the best. If you don't mind taking your time (and why not, it's not like the end game is really something to look forward to) zones like Velks are fantastic.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Been rocking Chardok with friends throughout 58 and 59!

Also, I will forever ignore everyone who's told me to go to bear pits to reach 60. There's no one to laugh at my jokes down there :|

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread