Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Large Bat

I'm all against boxing. Before considering on banning someone for boxing or possibly boxing, they should be given an investigation and a warning. I was in a group earlier in commonland having a good time. I was not boxing or anything. I was in tell hell while grouped. Then all of the sudden I got d/c and when I tried to log on. I got a banned for no reason. I assumed someone thought I was boxing and reported me. That was unreal and unbelievable. Very unprofessional to say the least.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Large Bat

Rule should stay. I thought there was code against it on this server nes pas?
Thus no one should be banned for suspected boxing correct?
I've never done it personally as I prefer full screen and attention to that one character.
Other servers out there where you can. And I know some will say but I want to play on classic. Well I want more then one icon for 20 different spells but it's the game play of classic I'm after.
So you can't have everything in life all the time.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

I play a low level human monk and while finding a healing partner is relatively easy at my level, I still find myself wishing I could string a bard along with me for increased heal rate. Honestly, healing rate is all I am concerned with at the moment, though many other bard songs would be very nice.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

I'm against it. A lot of the more popular classes would be boxed, and as such you'd end up having people preferring to box their own healer than grouping with a potentially bad one.

It'd be detrimental to the SPIRIT of p1999! !
Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I remembered something funny the other day. Back in the day, you couldn't even alt tab out of EQ. If you did, it crashed the client. There was a letter that someone posted on the Sony boards about how "They couldn't access all the wonderful Microsoft applications while playing EverQuest" hahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remembered something funny the other day. Back in the day, you couldn't even alt tab out of EQ. If you did, it crashed the client. There was a letter that someone posted on the Sony boards about how "They couldn't access all the wonderful Microsoft applications while playing EverQuest" hahahah
That is why us original boxers had two computers. Anyways I am gonna give my two cents.

I have played on many live and eqemu servers, and although I have always preferred the group dynamic (not to mention only focusing on one character) to me, the ability to multi box has always been a necessity because I, like many others, am totally impatient.

Here is a scenario from last week:
I logged on to project 1999 for 3 consecutive days, and in all 3 of those days I was unable to find a group. I sat around for hours talking to random people, and people on my friends list and still no group. I then finally got a bite on the third day, I walked for about half an hour to get to the group "/tell Drakarr Sorry they filled your spot" WTF seriously. This is all too common, I get a group, replaced on the way by someones "friend".

I have yet to log back onto Project 1999 even though I love everquest and LOVE Project1999.

To be able to pull out a healer for me is seems a necessity, and although I have every bit of knowledge required to get away with multi boxing without anyone even realizing it, I refuse to because of my own personal moral standards. Nilbog, Rogean and everyone else put so much time and effort into this project, following the rules is simply a sign of respect, not following them is well, obviously disrespect.

All that aside, the truth is, people multibox on Project 1999. They are rarely ever caught as nobody knows what to look for, or they have incredibly well designed bot macros, either way... people multibox on Project 1999.

I feel for this reason alone 2 Boxing should be allowed, simply because it is going to happen anyways I just feel it would be better to know who is boxing, than to have all these witch hunts. This is my opinion, and you may not agree with it, if you don't agree plz keep it to yourself because I don't care.

Edit: PS. The reason I want to be able to 2box is so I can PL my own characters lol, way selfish but I should at least be honest.
Last edited by dagarath; 06-13-2010 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Adding a point
Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

There seems to be a lot more slipping through -- I never suspected more than one or two a month ago. As for noticeable? Theyre totally noticeable if you know what to look for. Many of these people aren't the geniuses you give them credit for with botting, etc. They are often blatant between afk camping multiple rares in a zone, horrible af'ing to a camp proceeded by killing, or sticking ones 'wife' in ECT to sell perpetually. Just because people can do it, doesn't mean it should be tolerated, especially when the GMs and community is largely against it.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There seems to be a lot more slipping through -- I never suspected more than one or two a month ago. As for noticeable? Theyre totally noticeable if you know what to look for. Many of these people aren't the geniuses you give them credit for with botting, etc. They are often blatant between afk camping multiple rares in a zone, horrible af'ing to a camp proceeded by killing, or sticking ones 'wife' in ECT to sell perpetually. Just because people can do it, doesn't mean it should be tolerated, especially when the GMs and community is largely against it.
I would bet that some of the people who are largely against it, are being 2 faced in the fact that they do it themselves, to keep the eye turned away from them.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Sarnak

im sorry but two boxing is geeky
if you multi box

you are a geek
and that has been scientifically proven.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I don't get the no-boxing stuff at all. CLASSIC eq had boxing. I've been doing it since late 99 on seperate computers. If people abuse it then ban them, but casual people like me do it because it isn't always easy to get a group as soon as you log in and if you have to waste an hour of your 1-3 hours you have to play then that kind of sucks.
Closed Thread