Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-18-2019, 08:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% legal
Is this confirmed by a gm? I know it's not explicitly in the rules, but when it comes to risking a ban I'd want to be extra sure.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. It's just something I'm curious about and the search feature doesn't work for three-letter strings. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

No one gaf if you are tethering or using VPN as long as it doesn't look like you are boxing
Old 02-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this confirmed by a gm? I know it's not explicitly in the rules, but when it comes to risking a ban I'd want to be extra sure.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. It's just something I'm curious about and the search feature doesn't work for three-letter strings. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one gaf if you are tethering or using VPN as long as it doesn't look like you are boxing
This.

Here's what will happen if you try to two-box. At first, nothing. Then, someone in the game will notice you, and petition you. At that point, if no GMS are on, still nothing will happen. Eventually though a GM will be on when you get petitioned.

When that happens you and your "fellow player" will be given a test of sorts. I don't know the details, having never had to take it myself, but the basic idea is to make you and your partner do things that only two humans could actually do, like spin in opposite directions, then switch suddenly.

All of that is 100% independent of IP exemptions (though I imagine that if the staff gets a petition on an exempt account the get involved more quickly). So it doesn't matter if you use an exemption, or a VPN, or you tether your phone (don't do this unless you have a really good data plan), or whatever. What matters is that when someone says "those people look like one person playing two accounts", you need to have two humans able to prove otherwise.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-18-2019 at 09:02 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

'Grandson'.. sure
Old 02-19-2019, 11:02 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.
All of that is 100% independent of IP exemptions (though I imagine that if the staff gets a petition on an exempt account the get involved more quickly). So it doesn't matter if you use an exemption, or a VPN, or you tether your phone (don't do this unless you have a really good data plan), or whatever. What matters is that when someone says "those people look like one person playing two accounts", you need to have two humans able to prove otherwise.
Makes sense. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Here is what happens if you get caught boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfvADznhTQA
Old 02-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

guides have said as much in the discord. The important part is that someone should always be at each keyboard and if someone has to afk they should log out.

Any potential boxing test will take less than 5 minutes to resolve if you are not cheating.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Skeleton

thanks for the info