Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to justify your SSD purchase.

By this logic my game should be "microstuttering" constantly while im in KC or EC or any other popular zone. Which is definitely not happening.
I don't own an SSD. I have however compared swarm kiting to loading the entire EQ (Lite) client onto a RAM disk, running it off a 7200rpm HD, and running it off a bog-standard SSD on a laptop that I borrowed off work. You want to make a guess on the differences?
Old 05-31-2014, 04:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Has anyone experienced this issue lately? It just randomly started doing it to me 2 days ago. Ive been playing since February with ZERO issues, then all of a sudden i try to circle strafe around a mob and its like im skipping 60-90 degrees at a time. Its borderline unplayable.

I've tried everything in this thread short of running wineq2 (not paying for an account on something im not even sure will work).

Disabling aero does nothing, max fps has always been set to 60, though ive tried 59, 35, etc, to no avail. I tried running EQLite. Nothing.

I have a very high end system (dual 760gtx's, i7 2600k, 16gb ram, SSD, etc etc). So its not a loading time issue. And as i said before, never had a problem until 2 days ago.

The only thing that changed between then and now was i managed to rip my headset cord in half (dont ask). And i had to fuck with my audio settings in windows, outside of that i have done no changes, no driver updates, nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: It also seems to be worse, far worse, if i engage auto attack.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok, its 100% confirmed to be an issue related to combat. Outside of combat, silky 100% smooth. Anygone got an idea?
Old 11-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutark Validus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone experienced this issue lately? It just randomly started doing it to me 2 days ago. Ive been playing since February with ZERO issues, then all of a sudden i try to circle strafe around a mob and its like im skipping 60-90 degrees at a time. Its borderline unplayable.

I've tried everything in this thread short of running wineq2 (not paying for an account on something im not even sure will work).

Disabling aero does nothing, max fps has always been set to 60, though ive tried 59, 35, etc, to no avail. I tried running EQLite. Nothing.

I have a very high end system (dual 760gtx's, i7 2600k, 16gb ram, SSD, etc etc). So its not a loading time issue. And as i said before, never had a problem until 2 days ago.

The only thing that changed between then and now was i managed to rip my headset cord in half (dont ask). And i had to fuck with my audio settings in windows, outside of that i have done no changes, no driver updates, nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: It also seems to be worse, far worse, if i engage auto attack.
I have the exact same problem as well. It doesn't really bother me much unless im AoE kiting on my bard in which case it drives me off the walls insane. I have tried running a fresh reinstall, WinEQ2, Duxa's All-in-One, Tried running it in compatability mode, Tried setting the affinity to 0 core only in task manager and setting the priority to high, I've tried lowering my settings as low as they can possibly go and everything inbetween, I have tried just about everything I could possibly think of and I'm still getting this problem. I've pretty much quit trying to AoE kite on a bard because attempting to kite and then randomly doing a 180 degree turn directly into your kite is NOT fun at all.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

Any fix for this ever found?
Old 05-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was looking for information on this same issue when I found this thread.
When I hold down the right mouse button to look around as I move I "sometimes" get a camera jump that puts me in a completely different direction. I have just started with P99 and have not done any kiting yet so this has only been an issue when traveling.
I am going to try some of the fixes here and report back.
I would be interested to find out if the two posters above me tried to adjust their max framerate? Or the earlier ramdrive trick?

Right now it is only annoying - and forcing me to do more movement with WASD than the mouse - which may not be a bad thing if it is a problem that will persist.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

I've tried
-Disabling Sound
-Stoping all services
-Updating all drivers including LAN and onboard Realtek sound
-Stopping all indexing and searching in windows
-Moving EQlog files to another drive
-Turning off EQlog
-Running the game from SSD where windows is installed
-Running the game from normal HDD with nothing else installed
-Virus and Malware scans
-Full reinstall of EQ from disc and no UI or config file changes
-Ramdisk install of eq
-WinEQ and non WinEQ

I still get this little hitch even when in a zone with no other people.
sometimes it happens 3x in 5min sometimes it doesnt happen for an hour.
I do not think it is only related to EQ in my case as I do notice it sometimes on the desktop, it is just way more noticeable when using mouse look in eq.

I can usually trigger it within 10mins of logging in after a computer reboot by spamming jboots and goblin earring and mousing around.

next step is going to be buy a new SSD and install a fresh windows and EQ.
Solo Kills
Old 05-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I saw this for my first time in a group the other day. Hasn't been much of an issue yet, tough it made quick responsiveness a bit hairy in group. Fortunately I'm still lowbie enough where it didn't matter much. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm going to try the frame/refresh rate tweak if I see it again.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've tried
-Disabling Sound
-Stoping all services
-Updating all drivers including LAN and onboard Realtek sound
-Stopping all indexing and searching in windows
-Moving EQlog files to another drive
-Turning off EQlog
-Running the game from SSD where windows is installed
-Running the game from normal HDD with nothing else installed
-Virus and Malware scans
-Full reinstall of EQ from disc and no UI or config file changes
-Ramdisk install of eq
-WinEQ and non WinEQ

I still get this little hitch even when in a zone with no other people.
sometimes it happens 3x in 5min sometimes it doesnt happen for an hour.
I do not think it is only related to EQ in my case as I do notice it sometimes on the desktop, it is just way more noticeable when using mouse look in eq.

I can usually trigger it within 10mins of logging in after a computer reboot by spamming jboots and goblin earring and mousing around.

next step is going to be buy a new SSD and install a fresh windows and EQ.
I bought a new video card. Didn't fix it. I have 3 different SSDs and several HDDs. Didn't fix it.

Tried all the fixes you tried and more. Mine still does the same damn thing on my desktop.

A while back I bought a Lenovo Z50 (Nvidia 820M graphics card) to assist with my hobby/hopefully career change (Programming), the game runs perfect on it with NO issues at all.

My desktop consists of:

AMD 8350 (Stock)
16 GB DDR3 1600
Both Nvidia 660GTX and AMD R9 270 (R9 is in it now)
Gigabyte MB
Win7 Pro x64

Laptop:
I7 2.8Ghz Core Duo (with HT)
8GB DDR3 1800 (something like that)
Nvidia 820m
Win8.1 x64

I do not get it at all. WinEQ, doesn't work as well. I've done everything listed in the forums and help, and, nothing works.

Sorry, but you'll have to buy a new system (not top of the line) in order to get this old game to work with no chop/lag issues.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

It can be caused by people zoning in.