Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos area and surrounding zones are THE MOST classic in the game for many many players (myself included). Not having to do "the run" from Qeynos to Freeport would be a real tragedy. I know older players will just port from the Karanas but at least they get that far and new players still make the run.

#KeepQeynosPortFree
I feel you, but I don't know that having a port would change that. The broke newbies and the nostalgic will make that run anyway.

And it's not like they have to make it even now - when I started my first toon, I got as far as WK before a shaman there responded to my ooc question about Kith by logging in his druid and porting me for free.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Kobold

never understood why more people didn't jump the boat over to tox and snag a port from there, its been forever and a day but if my memory serves me correctly that's closer than the current druid ports (wiz port may be closer, not sure)
Old 12-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Cause its a gamble on boat. If the boat is ready, thats faster but if boat is in Qeynos, its faster from Karanas.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos area and surrounding zones are THE MOST classic in the game for many many players (myself included). Not having to do "the run" from Qeynos to Freeport would be a real tragedy. I know older players will just port from the Karanas but at least they get that far and new players still make the run.

#KeepQeynosPortFree
"The run" was yuge.

Used to think all the continents were just as big too. When my buddy said he was in paineel and I was in erudin I thought id have to take a few days to get to him lol.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:28 AM
Sarnak

Druids get a port to North karana and its a 5 min run to Qeynos unless you forget to ask for a sow. Get your lives together!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids get a port to North karana and its a 5 min run to Qeynos unless you forget to ask for a sow. Get your lives together!
It's even less if the Druid is 58+, as they can Succor you across West Karana.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

The more I think about this the more unclassic P99s incarnation of Qeynos is. More in spirit than letter of the law. In 1999 the Hills and Blackburrow were always crowded to the teeth, there was a lot going on in this area of the world. However with P99 the area is dead, and this is probably because of no SFG port.

I want people to group in Blackburrow as much as possible, so I am now in support of a SFG port.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

The QRG port upgrade patch is pre luclin and is part of the final velious patch. (This doesn't mean it ever makes it to P99, thats up to the developy guy)

This happens before Jaggedpine, which is a luclin patch.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Group petition to lower price of EF pots
Old 12-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The more I think about this the more unclassic P99s incarnation of Qeynos is. More in spirit than letter of the law. In 1999 the Hills and Blackburrow were always crowded to the teeth, there was a lot going on in this area of the world. However with P99 the area is dead, and this is probably because of no SFG port.

I want people to group in Blackburrow as much as possible, so I am now in support of a SFG port.
Couldn't agree more! Qeynos Hills was packed back in the day, now you'll basically just see someone camping Hadden and a straggler or two outside of BB
Closed Thread