Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjialx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would quit playing P99. Not classic. Before all the “just leave then nobody would miss you” comes up. Perfectly aware. Would be some fairy bs to imprison the sleeper again. No thanks
sir this is a game with magic and elves
Old 12-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Kobold

It bothered me how much the <Rampage> neckbeards were getting off at ruining the zone right before they left the server saying "they beat EQ" or some garbage so I'd be for all for undoing that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

Plus you know, 4 more boss mobs to kill on a timelocked server with limited content would be cool.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

op if you're having trouble sleeping because you can't stop thinking about loot you can never acquire might i recommend a bottle of nyquil
Old 12-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Aviak

Everquest has always been more fun journey wise and less fun destination wise. Don't lose sleep over not being sweaty enough to get the Warder loot.

Also shits classic so forget about it, enjoy the fact we get to experience this game again as close as we can to the real thing in the past.
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also shits classic so forget about it, enjoy the fact we get to experience this game again as close as we can to the real thing in the past.
Reminder that Project 1999 is not, and will never be, a "Classic" Everquest server so long as there are non-Classic changes that have been intentionally implemented by the devs.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

There are easily 3-4 guilds that could compete for the mobs. Make Sleepers Tomb great again!

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 12-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reminder that Project 1999 is not, and will never be, a "Classic" Everquest server so long as there are non-Classic changes that have been intentionally implemented by the devs.
Yes and most of those changes are because it's 2018 and everyone's an Everquest Encyclopedia for a really old game. Everyone including myself who wasn't already an adult by the time Everquest was released was a derpy kid running around in a world we never thought would exist and had trouble even navigating.

Since then thousands of intricacies have been done over and over in other MMOs and even more advanced gameplay mechanics have been mastered. Which makes almost everything in Everquest trivial for the above average MMORPG gamer (given they have played before and understand it's harsh world).

Reminder that I was playing here almost 5 years presumably before you started playing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been playing on this server since almost the beginning and my Magician was in his mid 50s before the 50% pet exp change went into effect for instance.

I also started playing EQ Live in Kunark like most of this playerbase and played through PoP and can remember a lot of mechanics surprisingly from that time.

I don't want to start a war but trust me when I say I have a good confidence about what is and isn't classic here. I am glad and thankful I get to play here regardless, for free mind you, and get as close as this to classic EQ.

RIP retired pixels boys
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-13-2018, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

It was a bad idea to permanently delete 4 raids from a time locked server.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

heres a couple pic of my primals, hope this helps

i have the sword, hammer, spear