Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Wtb a few guises while we're at it
Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

So i have two ideas and i think both would be amazing

1. There be a 5% chance on an earthquake for a ST repop.

2. There is a quest that is more so based on doing triggered fights than camping items, but true to EQ there should be some items.

The quest line involves breaking the news to naggy and vox their child is dead, and then them hatching a plan to make another prismatic dragon baby.

At the end of this quest line there is a large event, similar to something like the ring war event at the end of the ring quest, but it would be to fight off dragons that are trying to stop naggy and voxx, in the end the new prismatic dragon is palced in ST with old or new warders, and naggy and voxx and once again split up.

On the flip side of this, say if you were on CoV faction or something, the war could end with you slaying naggy and voxx, or perhaps something of the sort. Would be neat to set guilds against each other with opposing PVE goals that don't involve going for the same mob, but being on different sides of the same coin would be neat.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Wipe it clean. It's the only solution.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
op if you're having trouble sleeping because you can't stop thinking about loot you can never acquire might i recommend a bottle of nyquil
Na, I got my primals, so I'm not really concerned with it. But, it would be a neat idea and give the 3-4 guilds that compete in ST 4 new targets and some funny videos of Kerafyrm rampaging around.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Na, I got my primals, so I'm not really concerned with it. But, it would be a neat idea and give the 3-4 guilds that compete in ST 4 new targets and some funny videos of Kerafyrm rampaging around.
If you know management will never let this happen why even waste your time with this thread? Is it like the luclin threads where they had to actually come out and say it will never happen? So now we just quote Haynar. Or are you just fantasizing?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:57 AM
Fire Giant

Sometimes it's just fun discussing things with people, even though you know it won't happen.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes it's just fun discussing things with people, even though you know it won't happen.
Gotcha

Enjoy then

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and most of those changes are because it's 2018 and everyone's an Everquest Encyclopedia for a really old game. Everyone including myself who wasn't already an adult by the time Everquest was released was a derpy kid running around in a world we never thought would exist and had trouble even navigating.

Since then thousands of intricacies have been done over and over in other MMOs and even more advanced gameplay mechanics have been mastered. Which makes almost everything in Everquest trivial for the above average MMORPG gamer (given they have played before and understand it's harsh world).

Reminder that I was playing here almost 5 years presumably before you started playing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been playing on this server since almost the beginning and my Magician was in his mid 50s before the 50% pet exp change went into effect for instance.

I also started playing EQ Live in Kunark like most of this playerbase and played through PoP and can remember a lot of mechanics surprisingly from that time.

I don't want to start a war but trust me when I say I have a good confidence about what is and isn't classic here. I am glad and thankful I get to play here regardless, for free mind you, and get as close as this to classic EQ.

RIP retired pixels boys

lol stop bn a gatekeeper brah

I'm all for preserving classic too. Resetting the sleeper would be less non-classic then 25 PBAOE limit, IMO. AT least it's a coin flip whether your server woke the sleeper or not. Everyone could hit more then 25 targets if they were near you when the spell lands, regardless if it you were getting -5 FPS or not.

Either way, i do agree with the enjoying it part. I really do! I dreamed about playing classic EQ since 2005. I don't lose sleep over missing out on warder loot. Would just be nice to do, since i didn't start raiding until 2017
Old 12-13-2018, 08:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol stop bn a gatekeeper brah

I'm all for preserving classic too. Resetting the sleeper would be less non-classic then 25 PBAOE limit, IMO. AT least it's a coin flip whether your server woke the sleeper or not. Everyone could hit more then 25 targets if they were near you when the spell lands, regardless if it you were getting -5 FPS or not.

Either way, i do agree with the enjoying it part. I really do! I dreamed about playing classic EQ since 2005. I don't lose sleep over missing out on warder loot. Would just be nice to do, since i didn't start raiding until 2017
You quoted my shit but didn't read it I guess. Not once did I say I was against resetting ST. The message of both of my posts was just acceptance of whatever the dev's decide if you actually read them.(Which should probably be just about everyones sentiment considering not one of the dev's owes us anything, least of all these retired pixels everyones fiending about in this thread) Haha but nah I'm a gatekeeper, pixels are blinding your reading comprehension.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Shroud of Longevity or Mask of Tinkering one day, but then it wouldn't be Everquest. A big part of Everquest's draw for me and I'm sure almost everyone elses (with or without realizing it) was the fact that there was always shit I wouldn't understand or would never be able to get, chasing the dragon or white whale if you will. Without that draw, it diminishes Everquest.

No idea why you are trying to explain non-classic shit to me like I wasnt there when the changes dropped so I'll give another example of my past. I bought a Burnt Wood Staff for 17k BEFORE Chardok AoE was even a thing. Been here awhile dudes, just saying.

So I'll end with this, regardless of what they do I'll be happy man, if you want my opinion, yes I'm leaning on the side of leaving things retired and I explained why but I wouldn't be hurt with either result. We are all here for the pixels.

Maybe us lucky bastards will get another chance on Green one day regardless. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-13-2018, 08:21 AM
Banned

Aftermath begging for warder loot I lol’d good one
Closed Thread