Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Kobold

Hi Melon. I get you! My toes, fingers, tops of my hands, and nose are always cold in the wintertime. I have that weird bloodflow condition where I'm always cold. It's a hard life. My boyfriend pitches a fit that I have my apartment at like 75 degrees all of the time in the winter! I notice that layers work for me, as well as thick socks and warm shoes. I really dig the bombas socks, the thick wool ones they make. https://bombas.com/ .. If you're a woman, Uggs make really comfortable boots. I think they make men uggs too, I dont know. I prefer the boot look, and not really the fluffy popular ones.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Melon is back (in my favorite incarnation)! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Actually it looks like you've been back a month now and I just didn't notice any of your posts. In any case, welcome back, and good luck with the toes (mine are cold too, but I'm about to go jogging to warm them up ... maybe try that?)
Thank you! ^^ I haven’t posted much. I do jumping jacks on the regular, but have not tried jogging. I hope it is enjoyable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would see a doctor, like if your toes are cold normally you put on socks or increase the heat, but if you're here on an internet forum that means you're smart and have tried all that already.

My guess diabetes or some kind of withering. Have it checked out!
Oh gosh, I hope that is not the case and I suspect it is not. Although my feet are socked and shoed ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, we're all getting to that age playing a 20 year old game and posting on forums like its 1992, that maybe the best advice we can give each other for anything like this is, time to go see a doctorb.

If you sit a lot, it could just be circulation, but it may be nerve pinching issues that are building up! I recently had to transition to a standing desk, because my whole shoulder went dead numb 2 months ago from a pinched nerve caused by bad posture.

Either that or any minuet an alien is going to burst out of my chest.

But the lesson learned was, I am no longer an immortal youth. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do actually sit lots. It is an unfortunate consequence of my work, altho I do have the option of standing and I am doing that more too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prescription : Go to gas station amd get 1 half gallon of gasoline, set your lower torso on fire and then smash your burnt toe with a 20 pound hammer . That ought fix it
��

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
��

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
put on socks =O
��✊

I haven’t poasted much ��*♀️

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heat up a hot water bag and put ur feet on it
That actually sounds delightful. I may try this ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if u poop in your socks, you can put them on and it stays warm for a little bit.
����*♀️
Last edited by maskedmelon; 03-02-2021 at 03:29 PM..
Old 03-02-2021, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsnowls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Melon. I get you! My toes, fingers, tops of my hands, and nose are always cold in the wintertime. I have that weird bloodflow condition where I'm always cold. It's a hard life. My boyfriend pitches a fit that I have my apartment at like 75 degrees all of the time in the winter! I notice that layers work for me, as well as thick socks and warm shoes. I really dig the bombas socks, the thick wool ones they make. https://bombas.com/ .. If you're a woman, Uggs make really comfortable boots. I think they make men uggs too, I dont know. I prefer the boot look, and not really the fluffy popular ones.
Thank youuuuuu <3 It is hard, ain’t it? I hadn’t thought about my nose being cold until you mentioned it, but it is too! All the time D: I will check out your sock suggestion. I like boots too, but I am generally most cold at work and boots don’t really work well for work. Now that I think about it, I do do layers at home. Maybe I should find a way of doing that better at work too 🤔
Old 03-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Raynaud's phenomenon.

Last edited by Cecily; 03-02-2021 at 03:35 PM..
Old 03-02-2021, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raynaud's phenomenon.
Woah. Did not know that exists O: I generally do not change color like that tho. At least I don’t think I do 🤔
Old 03-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Hey Lulz what do you do when your extremities go numb from your type 2 diabetes, maybe Melon can adopt some of your techniques???
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Related informational reading assignment https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...nG_ylaHR1jCGtW
Old 03-02-2021, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raynaud's phenomenon.

Yep, that's the one. It really sucks. Also, Melon.. Ugg has some good work-appropriate flats that you can wear. They're cool with boots at my school, so I wear them alot.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

I think I have it too. My toes will go numb / cold in a painful way if I get overexposed to the cold and stay like that for 30 mins. Not sure I've ever seen the full on blue color though.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Cut em off. Sorta like srs. But for toes.
Closed Thread