Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default Solution to raiding situation

Remove the windows.

Knowing exactly when a mob will pop benefits smaller guilds as they can mobilize for that mob without batphone. Being able to plan in advance is huge for smaller / casual guilds as it allows their members to make arrangements with RL. Batphone works well for dedicated gamers. But people with a busy RL can't drop their job, their baby, their elderly, their workout, etc, and immediately get to a computer ready to raid EQ.

Without windows, many mobs will pop close together, following the quake or patch repops. Big guilds will have to make choices, go for Trak or for VS, or maybe go for Fay as they have a bunch of druids who have been whining, etc. Smaller guilds will inevitably have some mobs to kill.

Sometimes the repop timers will benefit some time zones, sometimes - others. That's ok. Eventually someone will wipe, timer will be pushed back, etc etc.

Back on live we didn't have variance and I think it worked out well for everyone in the end.
Big guilds and/or guilds willing to put in the extra effort still got the lion's share, as they should, but the smaller guilds usually could snipe some cool stuff as well.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:49 AM
Sarnak

I think p99 caters to the hardcore gamers that are willing to drop everything and jump on - not a good or a bad thing, but like anything in life if you are willing to put in that much dedication you should reap the rewards.

Personally (and I know I'm in the vast minority) raiding is something I would very much like to partake in but almost never can do to scheduling and limited time (and even when I may be able to my DKP are so far below everyone else it doesn't make sense as I won't win anything anyway), but I think instancing would be a decent solution, though now with Kunark I suppose there are enough raid targets to go around that casually raiding with a PuG might be a thing.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove the windows.

Knowing exactly when a mob will pop benefits smaller guilds as they can mobilize for that mob without batphone. Being able to plan in advance is huge for smaller / casual guilds as it allows their members to make arrangements with RL. Batphone works well for dedicated gamers. But people with a busy RL can't drop their job, their baby, their elderly, their workout, etc, and immediately get to a computer ready to raid EQ.

Without windows, many mobs will pop close together, following the quake or patch repops. Big guilds will have to make choices, go for Trak or for VS, or maybe go for Fay as they have a bunch of druids who have been whining, etc. Smaller guilds will inevitably have some mobs to kill.

Sometimes the repop timers will benefit some time zones, sometimes - others. That's ok. Eventually someone will wipe, timer will be pushed back, etc etc.

Back on live we didn't have variance and I think it worked out well for everyone in the end.
Big guilds and/or guilds willing to put in the extra effort still got the lion's share, as they should, but the smaller guilds usually could snipe some cool stuff as well.
You won't get a Trak FTE on green until top guild has got enough teeth (which is next to never)... if you want to open up VP to more guilds sooner then this isn't the way.

A rotation is the fairest but the unemployed won't allow that.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<insert hes not wrong meme>
Discord: MaCtast1c#7275
Old 02-08-2021, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't get a Trak FTE on green until top guild has got enough teeth (which is next to never)... if you want to open up VP to more guilds sooner then this isn't the way.

The problem with any kind of rotation is that it removes the "open world / sandbox" component from the game, which is one of the classic EQ's pillars.

Also, my OP wasn't about opening VP to other guilds or about Trak. It was about the raiding in general. There's so much more than just Trak.

Lots of smaller guilds don't even want to go to VP.

The windows are terribly unclassic AND favor stay at home sons. Why do we need them again?
Old 02-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Make every respawn a quake. Weekly quakes with a variance on the quake time.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

lol wrong forum

two quakes a month fixes 50% of eq raiding problems, do this
Last edited by zodium; 02-08-2021 at 09:46 AM..
Old 02-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Kill a target and you are banned from the next repop. Raiding problem solved, everyone gets to share
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-08-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill a target and you are banned from the next repop. Raiding problem solved, everyone gets to share
A simple variation on the old class R. Not an awful idea and hopefully there'd still be some good competition for FTEs.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

That's what Naethyn keeps calling "kill one-concede one". Not terrible but sort of predicated on the concept of at least three guilds in the mix. In practice one would wonder if it just ended up being FRAG/Riot and ST/Kingdom just taking turns though.
Closed Thread